Am I a Good Candidate for Removal? (Photo)

I've only had them for 2 wks, and I understand the whole "buyer's remorse" period but I am dead set on removing them. This was a hard lesson to learn, but after seeing a psychologist and really soul searching, I realized I got implants for the wrong reasons. They are not a quick fix to underlying self-esteem issues. I am 23, 5'6", 115lbs. My breasts were a small B pre-op. I have 300cc silicone unders. How likely is it that I will "bounce back" to my original state minus the scars?

Am I a Good Candidate for Removal?

+2

The sooner the implants are removed, the more likely the return to the preoperative anatomy.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

The sooner the better

+2

Make sure you really want to do this! It sounds like you have thought this out fairly well. The sooner you remove them, the better the chance of the tissues returning towards normal.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Implant Removal?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the “hard lessons” that you have learned.

Chances are excellent that you will “bounce back” if you decide to have your breast implants removed;  your youth,  size of breast implants, quality of overlying skin, and time since surgery are all in your favor.

Do make absolutely sure of your decision-making before you proceed.

Removal implants and bounce back

+2

Since you just had implants, it is likely that your breasts will bounce back fairly quickly.  But commonly we tell patients to wait a few months because of what you said "buyers remorse."