Am I a Good Candidate for a Periareolar Lift (Or Benelli) Lift? I Don't Want Implants, Only a Breast Lift. (photo)

Am I a Good Candidate for a Periareolar Lift (Or Benelli) Lift? I Don't Want Implants, Only a Breast Lift.

+3

Periareolar lifts are such a weak lift that they do not work well without implants, and they do not work well in patients who have anything more than a very mild breast sagging.  If you try to "overdo" a periareolar lift in someone who needs more nipple elevation and breast elevation than it can provide, they will experience a larger, stretched-out areola, unsatisfactory scars, and a flattened breast contour.  The result will be very disappointing.  The periareolar lift does not shape the breast...it takes a flat breast and lifts the nipple a little and lifts the bottom of the breast a little, but the breast remains flat unless you place an implant for better projection, and even then the breast may be flattened in the areolar area.  I do a large number of periareolar lifts, so I am not biased against them, but you must recognize their limitation. You need to add the vertical scar to shape the breast, get better areolar position and projection, and to control the eventual areolar size and lead to better quality periareolar scars.  You are a good candidate for either a vertical lift or anchor lift depending upon your measurements and the preference of the surgeon. You just have too much sagging and too much breast overhang and too low a nipple to be able to get a good result from a periareolar lift.  Sure, eveyone wants to avoid a vertical scar, but the vertical scar is a small price to pay for a pleasing shape if the alternative is worse scars and a bad shape.

Breast lift question

+3

In my hands you would benafit from a full lift. This will also reduce the size of your areola and create a perky youthful shape. Good luck and please see a few board certified plastic surgeons for consultation.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Which breast lift?

+3

Your photographs are not a clinical exam, however do reveal a great deal of information about your breast size and position. It is likely that a full lift with the vertical scar will give you a better result.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

You are a breast candidate for a breast lift

+2

Hi there-

You look like you are a great candidate for a breast lift, but to be sure you would need to visit with a qualified plastic surgeon for a review of your goals and an examination.

Please don't worry so much about the "how" as about the "who"...

If you choose your surgeon carefully and for the right reasons (hint- choosing them because they are willing to give you the scar you want is a mistake), your chances of being happy and safe will be high.

Armando Soto, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift a better option for sagging breasts

+2

Dear Mouse,

You are an ideal candidate for the Ultimate Breast Lift. The UBL lifts and reshapes breasts to achieve the ideal breast. It builds an internal cone with straps without having to use any type of foreign material to create perky, natural and younger appearing breasts without the need of a vertical scar. The UBL was created using engineering principles to design a structurally stronger more 'durable' lift. Neither the Benelli nor a Periareolar lift can give you upper pole fullness.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+2

A periareolar lift is certainly an option.You wont get as much lift as with a vertical scar.However the moderate  improvement without a vertical scar is often worth it.

A vertical  lift can always be done later if needed

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Periareola lift

+2

I prefer a periareola lift for only small areola lifts with implants, otherwise I feel that if flattens the breast too much. You may be a good candidate for a vertical lift( lollipop incision).

Peri-areolar mastopexy

+2

Thanks for your question.  I too like many of my colleagues believe that a peri-areolar lift is not a good choice for you.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Periareolar lift v Benelli LIft

+2

In looking at your photos you have glandular ptosis with nipple ptosis on the left side. What most patients don't understand is that a breast lift is really a nipple lift.  I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish but if it is upper pole fullness than an implant would be necessary.  A Benelli lift will tend to flatten your breast , with a standard lift the breast can be shaped. 

When I look at the lateral view of your left breast it looks great. I am not sure I would do anything

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar Lift is not a good option for you

+2

The pictures are very helpful and give me enough information to tell you that a periareolar lift would not leave you with a very good shape.  If you used implants to fill the upper breasts and give you some shape and form you might be able to make it work.

Just by the photos I would say you would get a better shape and long term results with a vertical or anchor scar.

Make sure to discuss your goals with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon so you can get the best information possible.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon