Am I a good candidate for a nose job? (Photo)

I am 35 yrs old and noticing my nose changing and getting larger. Can this happen? I wanted to ask if you thought I would be a good candidate for a nose job? I now have more of a tip at the end of my nose & would like to possibly get rid of that. I also want to possibly make it thinner on the sides. I have attached photos and me & an example how how maybe I would want my nose to look. Would also like to get your professional advice on what you would suggest. Thank you for your feedback.

Best Rhinoplasty Candidate in Los Angeles

+3
Hi Ms. Doll,

It appears that the side profile of your nose has a slight downward slope, and that your tip is drooping a bit (what doesn't as we get older?).  It appears that your nasal aesthetic goal is to have a relatively straight profile (I would suggest just a hint of a dip just above the tip, the so-called supra tip break), rotation of your tip upwards, and a less bulbous tip. 

I believe that you are an excellent rhinoplasty candidate and that your nasal aesthetic goals can be met.  The most important aspect of your rhinoplasty will be making sure that you take the time and effort to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully based on their artistic vision, skill, experience, and touch.  Good luck and be well.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino,CA

Rhinoplasty

+1
A rhinoplasty could refine your tip, rotate it upwards a bit, and reduce the dorsum for a supratip break.  You may also have a dynamic deformity where the tip plunges a bit when you smile.  This may be improved with depressor septi muscle dissection. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1
I believe you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and that your goals are realistic and achievable.  The most important decision you will make is your choice of surgeon.  Go on a few consults with surgeons known for their rhinoplasty work to find out your options.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
You may be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty as the changes you seek are common.  Please consult with a facial plastic surgeon who can assist and guide you to reaching the results you seek.  3-D computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like with the changes.  It is important that both the aesthetics and functionality of your nose are preserved.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Good candidate for a nose job?

+1
The areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California 

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
Your small hump can be reduced, your tip narrowed and refined, and your hanging columella raised. Select a rhinoplasty specialist because subtle changes will provide the desired results.  

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1
Looking at your photos, it appears you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to examine your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used, which will allow your prospective surgeon to morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear, and serves as a fantastic communication tool between you and your prospective surgeon. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Yes DBZDOLL you are a perfect canidate!

+1
Hello and thank you for your question!  Your concerns are something that I address very frequently at my practice. You can achieve exactly the results you desire if you make sure you find a surgeon who is Board-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and preferably who is Board-Certified by the American Academy of Otolaryngology as well.  Many patients chose my practice for these unique qualifications when seeking a rhinoplasty. 

Unfortunately as we age the cartilage that comprises our nose as well as our ears continues to grow and stretch as it weakens.  It happens to all of us!  This can make our nose appear wider and causes the tip to droop.  When we look at ourselves in the mirror we see an older, less-refined version of our self. With some rotation of your tip upwards and additional refinement to your tip and dorsum, you will achieve the look you desire.  Our in-office morphing software allows us to provide you a concrete image of your aesthetic goals to further ensure your vision for your nose is attained!

Best Regards,

Lane Smith, MD, FACS

Lane Smith, MD

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Yes, as you age the appearance of your nose can change.  Based on the photos, a rhinoplasty can be performed to refine the tip and provide more support so it doesn't droop while smiling.  I recommend a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss options to improve the appearance of your nose.  

Eugene Kim, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
Yes, You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure. An  in person consultation and examination are required before making any decisions regarding your nose. To make the changes you desire,  a tip plasty will be required, which will probably include suture techniques the lower lateral cartilages. A conservative cartilage removal may also be necessary in some cases. Narrowing the wide bridge is accomplished with osteotomies to the nasal bones. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website link below, along with our Rhinoplasty photo gallery with noses similar to your own that we have repaired in our practice.