Am I a Good Candidate for a Nose Job?

I have a bulbous, ski slope tip and a bump in the middle of my nose and want to know if a nose job will be able to fix this? I feel like my nose is out of proportion with my face, email me and I will happily send a picture to help you answer the question.

Rhinoplasty candidate

+2

Certainly a rhinoplasty can help improve the tip and the length of the nose.  But, you must go for a consult to get the appropriate evaluation.

Am I a Good Candidate for a Nose Job?

+2

I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and photos would help in the evaluation of your nose.  The most important factor in selecting a plastic and cosmetic surgeon, including a Rhinoplasty Surgeon, is their ability to understand and follow the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.

Should I have my nose done?

+2

Everyone is a candidate for aesthetic or reconstructive nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) who does not like the size or shape of their nose, provided general health is good enough to tolerate anesthesia and support healing.

Steve Laverson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Colin,
Thank you for writing. It sounds as though you would be a perfect candidate for a rhinoplasty. You would need to contact surgeons to have a consultation for you to fully see how they may be able to help. During this time, they may morph your pictures to allow physically see how you would look after your procedure. Before making a decision, make sure you are completely comfortable with the surgeon and you have all of your questions answered.
Best of luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good cantidate for a nose job??

+2

Of course pictures would be helpful, BUT only to address specific anatomical elements and how they might be addressed by surgery. The real answer always lies with the patient after an in depth consultation with a boarded specialist.

Once you understand what is involved and have realistic expections,you'll have your answer. Yes or no.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for ski nose.

+2

I would need to see a photo to give a proper analysis of your specific problem,  and can make specific recpmmendations.

Please send photo for rhinoplasty evaluation

+2
Dear Collin, Please send me a photograph of your nose both profile and frontal view to my website listed below or to my email which is posted on my website and I will be happy to give you my professional opinion regarding candidacy for rhinoplasty. I look forward to helping you. Best regards!

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

There is no way to know this without a photo and even then a face to face examination will still be required. I cannot understand why you would post the question like bait and then say "email me and I will happily send you a picture to help you answer the question". Is this a privacy issue?

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD