Am I a good candidate for nose fillers? (photo)

I appear to have a depressed radix and a slightly droopy nose tip as well as a dorsal hump. Can fillers give me a perfectly smooth nose? Also, I remember being hit squarely in the nose by a handball when I was a toddler. My parents and sister have straight noses; the rest of my family all have straight noses. Is it possible that that my bumpy nose was caused by that incident?

Am I a good candidate for nose fillers?

+1

Fillers may be reasonable, but they are limited in application. To completely correct the hump, you would be better served by a rhinoplasty.

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs (Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty) Work Well For Straightening Noses

+1

There is no question that nonsurgical nose jobs can work well for bumps, humps and depressions. I have been performing these procedures for many years and have found nonsurgical nose jobs quite effective for straightening depressions along the bridge and top of the nose (as well as bumps and humps). Certainly trauma can lead to nasal irregularities, although it is impossible to say for certain that this was the cause in this case.

From the photos provided, I believe that that you indeed appear be a candidate for this kind of treatment. If necessary, to confirm this before proceeding, a small amount of salt solution or local anesthetic can be injected as a test into the appropriate areas of the nose to confirm this. The results of such a test last no more than five minutes, which is sufficient time to get a good idea of what the actual treatment might look like. Radiesse, either alone, or combined with Perlane L, is an excellent choice in general for this purpose. The tip may be improved, as well, with a small amount of Perlane L. It is important, however, to seek consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with extensive experience in nonsurgical nose jobs.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Nose filler rhinoplasty

+1

Adding a filler in the radix area can create a straighter profile. As noted in one of the other posts, too much augmentation may not be desirable. Your past trauma may have contributed to hump development. You can try injecting a temporary filler and if you like how that appears you may want to consider a more permanent solution (rhinoplasty).

Grigoriy Mashkevch, MD

Grigoriy Mashkevich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty for dorsal augmentation and straightening the profile

+1

Augmenting the radix of your nose (bridge above the hump) will create a straighter profile. The amount the profile can be straightened will depend on the height of your dorsal hump. If you have a large dorsal hump, then your nasofrontal angle (where your bridge meets your forehead) may look strange if you build it up too much.

Fillers can create a limited amount of change in the tip of the nose, and does carry some more risk than fillers in the bridge. In either case, seek out a rhinoplasty specialist who performs many nonsurgical and surgical rhinoplasty procedures so that you can evaluate the pros and cons of all of your options fully before deciding.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

NO

+1

Fillers are poor excuses for a well performed rhinoplasty. Go for an in person consultation. Fillers are temporary and can cause more problems than they fix.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD