Am I a Good Candidate for a Nonsurgical Nose Job? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 12 years ago that left my nose asymmetrical ... I was wondering if a nonsurgical nose job would be a good revision approach?

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty to address minor asymmetries

+1

Some of the contour irregularities and minor asymmetries can be addressed with nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  Pros?  It's quick, with minimal downtime and immediately reversible if you don't like the results.  Cons?  It won't address significant asymmetries and the results are only temporary.  Consulting in person with a surgeon proficient in both will allow you to make an informed decision about either option.  

Non-surgical nosejob can improve on the results of a previous rhinoplasty.

+1

Hello Fixnose,

Thanks for your question.  Yes a nonsurgical rhinoplasty using either injectible filler or your own fat can help improve the results of a previous rhinoplasty.  Your issue is the asymmetry you see in your nose.  Filler or fat can be injected in small amounts in different areas to fill hollows, camouflage contour irregularities, and even raise the tip.  Depending on the material used, the results can be temporary or permanent.  The most important thing to realize is that your nose will become physically larger.  

Hope this helps.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Fixnose,

1. A non-surgical rhinoplasty can give some nice and temporary results, although it is not as good as surgery
  2. If you are worried about undergoing a revision rhinoplasty and would like to try out the non-surgical kind, there are really minimal issues involved
  3. The main issue would be limited results, and they would be an improvement

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Your Photos are Very Helpful

+1

Dear FixNos; When one hears the word “asymmetry” to describe the situation, that's  a good tip-off that in fact a non-surgical revision rhinoplasty would be wise and appropriate.

Let me share a little secret with you from my book, “Secrets of a Beverly Hills Cosmetic Surgeon.”  Before you make a final decision, do a “demo” or a “test drive” in which you can evaluate the appearance of your nose after the non-surgical option.  Now known as the KOTLER SALINE DEMO it's an excellent way to test the idea that you could have the nose you want without further surgery.

The KOTLER SALINE DEMO is the injection of sterile saline into the area of the nose that is depressed in relation to the mirror-image other side of the nose.  It seems to me that your nose looks bowed to the left; therefore  avery conservative filling on the right would give you more symmetry.  Likewise, your tip is a bit flat and oblique on the right compared to the left, so the right side would be filled appropriately.

The nice thing about the KOTLER SALINE DEMO is that you get to participate in the decision; you also get to make the final decision about surgery or no surgery.  If your breathing is good and there are no other areas where the tissue is too generous, that could be the ideal answer. 

If you like what you see based on the KOTLER SALINE DEMO, then you can decide between shorter-acting or permanent fillers. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Nasal and Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Filler doesnt replaces revision

+1

hi, filler doesnt replaces nose revision. cartilages management will offer a better and permanent result. filler wont. 

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for a Nonsurgical Nose Job?

+1

Filler may help the symmetry of the tip to some degree but will not help it all.  Also, you should be aware of the risks of injecting filler into your nose.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

"Nonsurgical" Nose Job

+1

For the nostril asymmetry present and pinched nasal tip, use of a filler will not be helpful.  For slightly depressed areas, a filer can provide some benefit.  Use of fillers in the nose has very limited applicability and will not be equivalent to a revision Rhinoplasty in terms of result.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon