I feel my nose is a bit too large for the rest of my face. Am I a Good Candidate for Nasal Tip Refinement? (photo)

I am interested in a tip refinement as I rather like my profile and the bridge of my nose. In your opinion would a tip refinement help balance my features? I feel my nose is a bit too large for the rest of my face.

Nasal Tip Refinement

+1
This is a very personal decision, and I'd recommend that you have
computer imaging to help see if a procedure will create the desired
cosmetic improvement.  Based upon your photos, I do feel that you could
in fact benefit from a procedure, but one that is done relatively
conservatively.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for nasal tip refinement

+1

When the nasal tip is quite bulbous, the best treatment is to narrow, refine, and reduce the bulbousness of the nose to better fit the facial features.  It is also important to make sure that the nasal tip balances with the remainder of the nose.  In rare cases a tip plasty can be performed without adjusting the remainder of the nose.  Tip cartilage suturing techniques and removal of tip cartilage are two ways to narrow and refine the tip.  All of this is done through a closed rhinoplasty technique rather than open rhinoplasty.  This is performed under general anesthesia and takes approximately an hour.

Nose Tip Refinement

+1
You appear to be a candidate for nasal tip refinement. However, a final decisions should be made by your surgeon after viewing your profile views and examining the inside of your nose. The profile views will help determine if your nasal bridge requires surgery as well as the extent of tip surgery. Regardless, the name of your surgical procedure is rhinoplasty.

Anita Mandal, MD
Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Nasal Tip Refinement?

+1

Yes. You are a candidate for refinement of your nose. It is impossible to tell for sure with a single frontal view photo but it does appear that your chin is also small. This might be the reason why you feel your nose is "too large" for the rest of your face. A chin implant might also help bring your nose and lower face into better balance. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon