Am I a Good Candidate for Mommy Makeover? (Photos)

I've had 2 pregnancies. My second pregnancy was twin boys, 15mo old. I think I have muscle seperation. I work out but stomach doesn't change. I don't have many stretch marks. Also a hernia. Is there a way to get all fixed at once? I was thinking maybe the anesthesia might be covered if I could find someone to do both.

Ultimate Mommy Makeover

+2

Since you have a hernia, you are an excellent candidate for a new technique called Abdominoplasty with Mesh Reinforcement Ventral Herniorrhaphy.  This technique uses mesh to reinforce the abdominal wall, repair the hernia, help you lose weight and maintain the reduced weight.  The other component of a mommy makeover is a breast lift.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift, which reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  This technique transfers the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle relieving neck, back and shoulder pain.  At the same time, breast reduction can be performed.  Nipple sensation and breast feeding are preserved and there are no ugly vertical scars. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for mommy makeover?

+2

Based on your photos, you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck.   In regards to your breasts, I would need to know whether you desire to go larger, be lifted, or decrease in size.   A detailed in office exam will help determine this.   I wish you a safe recovery and an amazing result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Mommy Makeover Time

+2

Thank you for posting your photos. Based on your photos, I think you would do great with a tummy tuck.  Although a physical exam is needed to make any formal recommendations, based on your photo, it appears that you likely have significant muscle separation (rectus diastasis).  The muscle tightening (plication) will help give you that flat washboard belly to restore your tummy wall.   A hernia repair can definitely be done at the same time as your tummy tuck.  The hernia repair will likley be covered by your insurance.  Of course, insurance will not cover the costs associated with your cosmetic tummy tuck, but  it can potentially reduce some of the costs associated with the operating room and anesthesia fees.  You will need to speak with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Who can have a Mommy Makeover?

+2

As far as I can tell from your photos, you look like a good candidate.  It really depends on how long its been since you delivered.  You need to allow your uterus to fully contract.  Although you insurance may help pay for a portion of the procedure, most of the cost will need to be out of pocket.

Am I a Good Candidate for Mommy Makeover?

+1

You appear to be a very good candidate for mommy makeover. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Mommy-Makeover-photo-galleries.php

Mommy Makeover

+1

Thank you for submitting your photos.  Based on these alone, it appears that you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover.  You could definitely have the hernia repair done at the same time.  I would recommend waiting until you are finished having children before having this surgery.  Your best course of action would be to schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so that they can perform a physical exam to determine the extent of your hernia and explain all the risks and benefits of surgery to you.  Best of luck to you.

Insurance coverage for hernias fixed during a tummy tuck

+1

It is easy to do a hernia repair at the time of a tummy tuck, but you shouldn't expect to see a major price break by having insurance cover the hernia repair.  It would be insurance fraud if all of the anesthesia time was billed to the insurance company.  Insurance will cover the prorated time it took to fix the hernia, and you will pay for the tummy tuck part.  (Since it normally takes less than 5 minutes to fix an umbilical hernia if you are already there doing an abdominoplasty, I don't bother with insurance billing and just fix it as part of the tummy tuck.)

Dr.B

Web reference: http://www.drmichaelbogdan.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Wait 6 Months After Breast Feeding For Mommy Makeover

+1

Thank you for your question. A full Tummy Tuck with Muscle Repair will help you get your shape back. It is important to wait 6-12 months after delivery or breast feeding cessation before having a Tummy Tuck. It takes this long for "baby fat" to disappear and losing this extra tissue will improve your Tummy Tuck result.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Mommy makeover

+1

#Mommymakeover surgery is increasing in popularity. Your posted photos show more loose muscle than excess skin or fat. If you are otherwise healthy with a stable weight you should be a good candidate for the surgery.

Health insurance will cover the hernia repair that can be done at the same time, as well as operating room and anesthesia costs associated with hernia repair. They will not cover the anesthesia or operating room costs associated with cosmetic abdominoplasty (mommy makeover).

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Candidate for Mommy Makeover

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures.  Based on your pictures, you do appear to be an excellent candidate for a mommy makeover.  You will get a significant improvement to your abdomen with a muscle repair as part of the tummy tuck.  A physical exam will help determine if you have a true hernia.  Make sure you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.