Am I A Good Candidate For Male Liposuction? 31YO, Former Obese Child -Lower Abs, Love Handles, Lower Back... (photos)

Community, I am a 31 year old fitness-oriented male (in the medical field myself) who has recently been researching male lipo. As a former obese child (see picture), I've always struggled with getting lean and wondering if I am a candidate. I do cardio daily, eat very strictly and drink no alcohol. (I regularly follow physique model living habits, i.e. diet, training, supplementation, etc.) Even when I lean out everywhere else - still have lower back/love handles and lower ab fat. Comments?

Is liposuction helpful after childhood obesity followed by maximum fitness?

+1
First - congratulations on your fitness and weight loss!
If all Americans were like you, we would be a healthy nation. Well done.

• Your photos show two areas that hold on to fat more than other parts of the body,
  • These are two areas where liposuction results can be excellent,
  • Have your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon carefully assess you skin - liposuction can leave loose skin and if your skin has loosened from weight loss, you want to understand what your results might be.
  • Keep up the good work! Best wishes.

Liposuction paradoxically gives the best results in patients who seem to need it least.

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction. You basically fit with unwanted fat in some select areas that is not excessive. The skin over these areas appears to be in good condition.

+1
There are a few options to get rid of extra fat from the love handles and lower abdominal region.  A non-invasive method of fat reduction that works very well in this particular area is cryolipolysis, or CoolSculpting.  This involves placing your love handles in a device that freezes the fat cells, which your body then naturally clears out of its lymphatic system.  It is a painless procedure, does not require anesthesia, can be performed in 1 hour per area in the office, and there is no down time.Patients come in and can work on their laptop or even sleep through the procedure.  You can drive themself home and work and go to the gym the same day.  The results take 4-6 weeks to see, and the procedure is not a substitute for weight loss.  The result that you get is gradual, but it is possible to get to our goal with a few sessions if needed.  The surgical option is liposuction of the flanks and abdomen.  Liposuction probably gives a more predictable response and more fat can be removed.  Liposuction can be done under local anesthesia (tumescent technique) or a light general anesthetic. You can expect about a 1 week recovery before you would feel like you could go back to work, and swelling will gradually resolve over 3 months. To determine which option is right for you, I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that is also a member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Am I A Good Candidate For Male Liposuction? 31YO, Former Obese Child -Lower Abs, Love Handles, Lower Back...

+1
   As a bodybuilder, I can understand your desires for improvement.  You do appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of those areas.

Liposuction After Weight Loss and Exercise

+1
You are a great candidate for a high-definition sculpting procedure.  There are very few physicians that are experts at treating men who are already fit and need defining and shaping.  We treat patients like this everyday and have patients from all over the country.  It is in your best interest to get a consultation with someone who has a lot of experience with patients of your type.  But from the pictures you appear to be a great candidate and because you are already so fit, you will get skin retraction and great shaping post procedure.  Email me if you would like to see photos of similar cases.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

+1
Congratulations on maintaining your new lifestyle. Liposuction may be appropriate for you to enhance the lower abdomen and "love handles". Consider a consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Male liposuction

+1
Congratulations on following such a healthy lifestyle! It is not easy to stay in the type of shape you appear to be in, and you are to be commended on it! You appear to be a very good candidate for liposuction. It has been my experience that men who work out regularly and maintain a healthy diet have excellent results with liposuction to the love handles, flanks, and abdomen. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure; the best results are achieved for patients who have localized fat that cannot be reduced with exercise or diet and are within 10 pounds of their ideal weight. You seem to meet all the criteria. I wish you luck with your decision.

Mark E. Mason, MD