170lbs, 2 children and eating healthy/working out: Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction? (photo)

I weigh 170 and actively working out and eating healthy... I have 2 children 11 and 9 months... I have always had a little pudge that will never go away... I have always weighed between 145-160 most of my adult life... Wanting to get lipo and would like to know if I am a good candidate, I would love to get rid of this belly and love handles... Thoughts and suggestions please!!!

Liposuction of the torso

+2

Liposuction could improve the appearance and it is unclear if any other surgery is warranted. The fat looks deposited mainly in the lower abdomen, over the sacrum and outer lower flanks. The frame is round and the buttocks square with deficient outer half of the buttocks according to the rear view photo.

Removing the fat from areas where it is deposited and injecting some of it into the outer half of the buttocks could make a big difference. How good a candidate you are for the procedure depends on your general health, expectations of surgery and skin quality none of which can be determined solely from your post.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Liposuction of the abdomen and hips(flanks) can really make a big improvement.

+2

Liposuction of your abdomen and hips would make a huge improvement in your waist and is easy to undergo under local tumescent anesthesia for roughly $5-6,000 on special. Avoiding bigger, more risky procedures under general anesthesia is wise. Good Luck,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Good lipo candidate

+1

Remember that lipo will ONLY remove fat.It will not tightwen skin or muscles.soem of your pooching out is a weak abdominal wall.You coiuld have lipo only but I would recommend lipo with a tummy tuck and plication of your muscles,

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Consider tummy tuck and buttock fat grafting

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You do have excess fat in the love handle area that would respond very well to liposuction.  Your abdomen may also have laxity of the abdominal wall from pregnancy.  If this is the case abdominal wall tightening during a tummy tuck wild be needed.  If this is the case, and if you would like more projection to your buttocks, I would consider a tummy tuck and fat grafting to the buttocks.  With most plastic surgeons this combination of procedures would allow essentially free liposuction of your live handles and flanks.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction candidate?

+1

Liposuction will not remove the 30 lbs that you have gained. It is best to get down to your goal weight first then reassess. you may be better for a tummy tuck at that point.

Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction?

+1

Liposuction of 5 liters will reduce the size of your flanks and abdomen, but you may want to consider a tummy tuck as well if loose skin is an issue.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of liposuction procedures each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA