Am I a Good Candidate for Liposuction? Hips,thighs (Inner and Outer), Stomach,back and Buttocks (photo)

I'm a 35 yr old woman, mother of two children aged 6 and 4 years old. I'm 161cm in height and weigh 65kg. I've lost 11kg dieting & exercising but I cannot get rid of this stubborn belly fat (fullness of upper and lower abdomen), fat on thighs and I would love for my buttocks to be sized down too. Will Tumescent Liposuction work for me. I want to do my entire stomach, back, buttocks, hips and thighs. Thanks.

Abdominoplasty vs. liposcution vs. exercise and diet

+3

When  you look at the abdomen you are really looking at 4 things-the skin, the fat, the muscle and what is inside deep to the muscle. Liposuction really only changes the fat part of what you are looking at. Your posted photos show you have extra abdominal skin and fat and lax abdominal muscles. All 3 can only be addressed with a tummy tuck liposuction procedure but that does not mean you have to have that procedure. You need to meet face to face with prospective surgeons so you can get a reasonable idea of what the result of liposuction alone vs. liposuction with tummy tuck would be. Then you should decide which procedure(s) you will have.

If any surgeon tries to talk you into a procedure that shrinks the skin and removes fat without actually removing any skin run in the other direction. That does not work and only creates problems that may be impossible to fix.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Liposuction Candidate?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Examining you would allow me to assess your skin  elasticity quality. Based on your history and pictures only however I do not think you will have a great result with liposuction only. Certain areas such as your abdomen appear to have a significant amount of redundant skin which may not drape back nicely leaving you with an irregular unattractive results.

Other areas such as your back buttock hips and lateral thighs however do appear to have toned skin and may respond nicely to liposuction surgery.

Good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age or have pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

Depending on your goals,  tummy tuck surgery to treat the abdomen may be necessary.

Good candidate for lipo or tummy tuck?

+1

You are likely a better candidtae for a tummy tuck and liposuction than liposuction alone. After pregnancy you will have a loose muscle core. If the understructure is not tight then anything that drapes over (skin) will only take the shape of a protuberant abdomen. See a plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposuction would improve your body shape, but does not significantly reduce your body size or weight.

+1

An in-person consultation would be best to discuss all of the options that  would be useful for you.  Both liposuction and a tummy tuck could help you.  It is important to continue on your diet and exercise program as well.    A plastic surgeon could help you sort out the best treatment plan for you. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction with abdominoplasty

+1

Hello Maof.  Thanks for sharing your photos with us.  You have an excess of abdominal skin and spreading of the abdominal  wall musculature that would better be addressed with an abdominoplasty. Tumescent liposuction can be used effectively for the other areas. Good luck!

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or liposuction

+1

Determining whether or not to have a tummy tuck or liposuction depends upon several factors inclduing the quality of the skin, the amount of fat needed to be removed, the laxity of the muscles to name a few.  It is ahrd to say from the photos. Some areas may benefit from lipo.

Liposuction vs Abdominoplasty

+1

Your pictures show well all of your areas of  concern. You are a good candidate for liposuction in all of your problem areas. The only issue is your abdominal area where there will be some loose skin afterwards. Whether this should be addressed with a simultaneous mini- vs full abdominoplasty merits a good discussion with a plastic surgeon beforehand. The issue of how what you want to undergo for what kind of result is critical in your presurgical thought and planning process.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Great posted photos, thanks. Yes you could have liposuction in all those areas. You might need a mini or full TT best to obtain in person opinions from boarded PSs. 

Liposuction for body contouring is effective

+1

You don't appear to have substantial skin laxity - I think that you are a reasonable liposuction candidate - you'll definitely see improvement of the abdominal, flank and lateral thigh contours. You probably have some abdominal wall laxity, and only a tummy tuck procedure can address this issue. However, I would offer you liposuction and assess your result in 6 months. I think you'd be delighted with the result.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS