Would a lip lift make my lips more shapely and full, as they are currently flat with no shape--a straight-across line? (photo)

Am I the right candidate for this procedure? Would this procedure make my lips more shapely and fuller? I feel like my lips are just flat with no shape, they are just a straight across line. I am not interested in having big lips, just a more attractive lip shape, and the distance between the base of my nose and upper lip is too long I think, it looks mature and kinda old looking.

The lip lift may be poorly suited to you.

+1

There are many factors on deciding for or against a lip lift, but in your case a major consideration will be if the incision is likely to be too visible.

It appears from your photo that you have a turned up nose and thick skin about the nasal base.  Patients of this sort I will not do because the incision ends up exposed and too visible.

However this is based on only the forward view.  It would be better for you to provide a lateral and 3/4 view taken much closer to your face.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift and Lip Enhancement

+1

If you feel the distance between the base of your nose and the pink part (vermilion) of your upper lip is too long for the rest of your facial features, you may be a good candidate for a lip lift procedure.  On the other hand if you feel you would benifit from a fuller vermilion then options such as fillers either hyaluronic acid or fat injections could be considered.  Before making a decision, ask your surgeon if they could show you before and after photos of both procedures to see which may bettter accomplish your goals.  Good luck.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon