Am I a Good Candidate for a Lift Without an Implant? (photo)

I am 29.I have disliked my breasts since puberty. I am looking for a much wider breast base, a more lifted appearance, and more centered and smaller areolas. Do I have enough tissue to get a good result for a mastopexy without implants? I would rather not have implants, but if I cannot widen the breast base without them, should I go over the muscle or under? I would like the end result to have natural movement, not be stiff looking, and be a moderate size full B/small C.

Lift Without an Implant

+1

From your description and photos, you will most likely benefit with a breast augmentation in conjunction with your lift. To verify, an in person consultation and exam will be required with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast Implants Needed to Achieve Results?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on these pictures and your description of your goals, I think you will be better off with breast lifting along with dual plane ( sub muscular) breast augmentation surgery. I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Am I a Good Candidate for a Lift Without an Implant?

+1

Thanks for the series of posted photos. As you read each of our,experts, responses take in mind we have not in person examined you. You could try the lollipop mastopexy alone or with a small 200 cc implant. Also areolar reduction will be necessary. I advise you to seek a few in person examinations before proceeding with only boarded PSs in your area. 

Breast lift without implants

+1
Dear Ms. Fechner, Thank you for your question and helpful pictures. Your concerns regarding droopiness and lack of volume are valid. You certainly will benefit from a lift especially on the right side. At the same time of either a periareolar (scars around the areola only) or vertical (lollipop) scar an areolar reduction will be performed for an aesthetic result. Regarding your statement about not having implants, you physically seem like a great candidate for AFT (autologous fat transfer) to the breasts where fat cells removed from your abdomen or elsewhere can be injected into your greats to provide volume without implants.  You need an evaluation with a thorough history to confirm your suitability.  

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift without implants

+1

Thanks for the photos, they are always helpful. As you certainly know a breast lift will not increase your breast size. As you have indicated you want the breasts centered and smaller areolas. This can be accomplished with a lift. You can get some improvement in the central chest area also but not to the same extent as with having implants. In circumstances like this I usually suggest doing just the lift first and then see how the patient likes it. If implants are desired they can be done as a second procedure,

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

You can get great breast lift result without implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  You are an ideal candidate for a Lejour-type vertical breast lift with a lollipop scar.  This lifts your breasts from the inside without pulling on the skin, and so you get a good LONG TERM result.

2)  Your breast size will be the same as now after a lift, about a B cup.  Smaller perky breasts can be really nice.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Maybe

+1

It is hard to tell from the photos you posted. An in person consultation is needed. You have asymmetry with the right saggier than the left. If size is not an issue, than a lift alone would suffice, but I would need to see you before giving you my final opinion.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lift? Implants?

+1

Your photos show full B cup breasts with ptosis (sagging), wide areolas, and about one half cup size volume asymmetry (right bigger than left).  To me, the base is not particularly narrow.  Mainly I see that a lot of the breast volume is hanging down, giving the apperance of a narrow base. 

If the size difference is acceptable, I would recommend breast lift alone.  This will correct the ptosis, make the areolas smaller, and shift more of the volume up, wihich will make the breasts seem wider.  If you want to correct the size difference, I would recommend breast lift and implants on either the left side alone or on both sides.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+1

Thanks for the pictures, A lateral image is always needed for complete rview. it appears you have some breast asymetry and based on what you desire I would consider having a breast lift first. It will not widen your breast base but you may be happy. If you want more width and fullness a small implant (175cc or so size) under the muscle 6 months later would be reasonable to consider. Good luck and please see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon