Am I a Good Candidate for Laserlipo?

I'm interested in getting LaserLipo. I know that there are many types avalible but unsure if they'll work for me. There's one in particular that says after 8 treatments the results are exact to a liposuction. I've been contemplating a tummy tuck after having my twins a few years back. I have stretch marks, loose skin and fat in my lower abdominal area that won't go away. I'm 5'6 and weigh 160lbs.

Am I a Good Candidate for Laserlipo?

+2

From your description, a tummy tuck combined with liposuction of the sides and back may produce the best results.  An exam or pictures will be necessary to confirm what is best.  Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction has limitations for body contouring

+2

Based on your description - I think a tummy tuck would provide a better aesthetic result. Lasr liposuction, in my opinion, has very limited utility. Liposuction in general is great for abdominal contouring in patients with minimal skin laxity, but liposuction fails to achieve the result a good tummy tuck can provide for patients with skin laxity.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Liposuction?

+1

The amount of distending and stretching required to carry twins can certainly cause severe loss of skin elasticity, especially noted in the abdominal, flank, and sometimes the back area.  It is difficult to ascertain your exact circumstance without photos.  However, I consult many women in your predicament and find this to be the case.  Given your description of your mid-section and history of having twins, a tummy tuck may be in order.  Consulted a trusted, experienced surgeon for best personal advice.  

Windell C. Davis-Boutte, MD
Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon