Am I a Good Candidate for an Injectable Filler? (photo)

I'm 25 years old, and I have deep nasolabial folds. I was considering investing in an injectable filler, but I'm weary of bad results. Also, I feel like I'm too young to have this kind of problem. Are these lines genetic or from premature aging? What kind of corrective procedure would you recommend?

Facial fillers

+1

You look like an excellent candidate for fillers. Your face is very thin and I appreciate the prominent nasolabial folds that you have.

Fillers will work for your nasolabial folds

+1

Yes, you are definitely a good candidate for a filler in your nasolabial folds. As you know there are several to select from for your treatment. These options can be discussed with the doctor before your treatment. Be sure to have an experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon do these treatments for you.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers

+1

While you are relatively young, your photograph demonstrates that you are a good candidate for a soft tissue filler in your nasolabial folds.  There are numerous reasons that you have relatively deep folds at a young age, although genetics likely plays the key role.  Other factors to consider include environmental factors (sun, weather, smoking) and how you move your facial musculature.  

As I am sure that you are aware, there are many soft tissue fillers available.  The most commonly used include hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, etc...), calcium hydroxylapatite (Radiesse), and Polymethylmethacrylate microspheres (Artefill).  Each of these agents has certain benefits and drawbacks.  I would encourage you to talk in detail with a physician experienced in there use.  If you are concerned about results, consider starting conservatively.

One other consideration in regard to filler agents and your face is Sculptra.  Your cheeks are somewhat hollow and could potentially benefit from some increased fullness or volume.  Sculptra (poly-L-lactic acid) is usually injected on 2-4 occasions and has a subtle onset.  It can last up to two years.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

2 syringes of Radiesse should do great for deep NL grooves.

+1

Your deep NL grooves would look better if they were filled in and Radiesse would do a good job for $650/syringe and you need 2 syringes which would last roughly 1 yr.  It is easy to get done and you should be very happy.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for nasolabial fold

+1

Your posted photo shows a long upper lip, obvious nasolabial folds, tear troughs and a hollow cheeks. These can be due to a number of factors including smoking, genetics, the way you move your facial muscles, the underlying facial bone structure etc. Injectable fillers are ideal in cases like yours because of the quick recovery time etc. If you are that worried about a bad result you can have the doctor inject some sterile salt water which simulates the results but goes away in a few hours. You can also have a hyaluronate filler placed so it can be reversed/dissolved if necessary.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

You may be a good candidate for an Injectable Filler treatment to improve your nasolabial folds.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photo:

You have a slender face and deep nasolabial folds which may be a result of smiling too much. Other factors that may be contributing to the appearance of these folds are : genetics, sun-damage, facial volume depletion, or tobacco use. Loss of facial volume may be associated with excessive aerobic exercise exercising in someone 25 and otherwise healthful.

You may want to consult a few reputable dermatologists or facial plastic surgeons familiar with the use of fillers for reducing the appearance of nasolabial folds.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fine candidate

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for injectable fillers. While you are young, we are nationally seeing younger patients with this sort of problem. I don't think I would consider a surgical procedure but, would try a relatively short acting filler (such as Restylane or Juvaderm). If you are pleased with the result you could consider something more long acting such as Radiesse or even autologous fat.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon