Am I a Good Candidate for Flanks/Inner Thighs Liposuction? (photo)

I go to the gym a couple times a week, doing at least 30 mins of cardio. I played soccer my entire life and I still seem to have these deposits of fat that will not go away. I have very thin arms and lower legs so it just looks very awkward. I have always had problems with my inner thighs, especially if I wear shorts for a long period of time I will get a very uncomfortable rash due to my inner thighs rubbing together. I am 5'9, 140 pounds. Will lipo make a huge difference? I want It so bad!

Liposuction may improve your contour

+2

The success of liposuction depends on the quality of the overlying skin in the area being treated. The inner thigh in particular, has thin skin, compared to other parts of the lower body and must be treated carefully. If this area is suctioned too aggressively, the skin can have an irregular contour once it has healed. The elasticity of this skin is not as great as other areas of the body. Your age is also an important factor in  determining if you will have a good outcome with liposuction. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination to determine if you are a good candidate for liposuction.

Dr.Bruno

Candidate for lipo thighs and flanks

+1

you are a good candidate and likely get very nice results, especially around your flanks. Make sure to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Liposuction of the inner thighs

+1

Liposuction of the inner thight is a common procedure.  It must be done carefully, to avoid irregularities.

Success depends on the amount of fat removed, and the looseness of the skin.  Patients with loose skin may also benefit from a middle thighlift; it is an excellent combination.

You look like you would be a fine candidate for liposuction.  Doctors love patients who work out and are healthy!

Brent Moelleken, MD

Is lipo for me?

+1
While it's never possible to say for certain without an exam it looks from your photos that liposuction would help the contour of your legs and flanks. The best results will be in patients with no loose skin and limited if any stretch marks in the areas they want contoured. I would expect you wil be quite happy with the results of some limited lipo in these areas. Good luck! Dr Kerr

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Liposuction

+1

Given your posted photos, your not being obese and your desire to work on specific areas I would think you should be a good candidate for liposuction. Based on your photos you would likely benefit most from liposuction just above the hips on the lower back, less on the outer thigh saddle bag areas and less on the upper inner thigh. For the best results that inner thigh and saddle bag liposuctions need to be conservative and not too aggressive.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD