Am I a Good Candidate for Finesse Rhinoplasty?

Hello! I have struggled with the appearance of my nose for years. I am the only one who seems to notice the problems but it has still bothered me for years. I believe I have asymmetry in my nose, which can be seen in my pictures. One side and nostril is higher than the other, and one side is slightly more contoured as you will see. I would love to have the asymmetry fixed very slightly and also narrow my nostrils slightly but I want to keep the general shape and look of my nose. Isit possible?

Finesse Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Bestella,

The left side of your face has less volume than the right side.  This is contributing to the asymmetry of your nostrils.  There may also be a difference of your lower lateral nasal cartilages.  A conservative finesse rhinoplasty by a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon should help you achieve your goals.  You should discuss the facial asymmetry as well.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Finesse Rhinoplasty Surgery for Asymmetry

+1

There are certain features of your nose that can be corrected/improved with finesse rhinoplasty. However, there are other things about your nose that should not be attempted. For instance, your nose attaches to the cheek/lip region differently on both sides. This is the source of some of the asymmetry you are seeing. I would not recommend trying to correct this as this area can be quite unforgiving in my experience. Perhaps making changes to the other areas like the tip will be sufficient to make you happy.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetry

+1

First, everyone has some nasal asymmetry. This is normal. Particulars that you are bothered by may be corrected. But an in-office exam is necessary to get a proper evaluation.

Subtle Rhinoplasty Changes

+1

Subtle rhinoplasty changes can be performed to affect positive changes.  However, the amount of deformity is minimal, while you have a great deal of concern about the deformity.  The nostrils can be reduced in size slightly and the tip reduced a bit.

Finesse Rhinoplasty

+1

While perfect symmetry is not a goal, it is impossible to evaluate your nose with one view. I need to see a complete set of pictures as described on my website to answer your question. The results of all rhinoplasties, subtle or not,  depend on the finesse of an experienced surgeon who specializes in this work.