Am I a Good Candidate for Eyelid Surgery? (photo)

Hello, I am thinking about getting eyelid surgery. I am Hispanic and Russian. My problem is that I don't like how small my eyes look sometimes, and would like them to look bigger. Am I a good candidate for this surgery? Do you think it would make a difference at all? Thank you.

Surgery is possible....but you don't need it!!

+1

I respectfully disagree with another opinion on this panel that states " Eyelid surgery will not make the eyes any bigger....or will not enlarge the aperture of the eyelid opening"

Ptosis repair surgery in fact does this very thing, and it can be done without an external incision.

Having said that, I agree with most other posts on this forum stating that you have quite natural, beautiful eyelids that most would love to have!!!

I would be very hesitant to recommend surgery for you, however if your heart is set on this,  I would recommend a consultation with an experienced ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. He/She can do an eyedrop test in the office that will simulate a surgical result, and you can decide whether you in fact want to make your eyes "look bigger".  Just know that any surgery has risks involved [asymmetry, contour irregularity] and it may not be worth the risk to tamper with a normal well functioned, aesthetically pleasing eyelid, like yours.

Best of luck

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

No. Your eyes are beautiful!

+1

If these two photos are truly your eyes you should be modeling!  They are gorgeous and you should leave them alone.  They are exotic, unusual and great to look at.  You need to appreciate your beauty.  There is no surgery a plastic surgeon could do to make your eyes look any better.

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

Eyelid surgry

+1

Eyelid surgery will not make the eyes any bigger.   However, it will clean up excess hoodedness and puffiness on the upper and lower lids to make the eyes look more well rested and refreshed, but they will not enlarge the aperture of the eyelid opening.

Beautiful eyes

+1

I don't know how they fit with your face but you really do have beautiful eyes.  The changes that you are interested in making are possible but please think long and hard about this.  Also, get multiple consults from both Facial plastic and Oculoplastic surgeons before doing anything.  Have you ever tried taping your upper eyelids to experiment a little with how they might look?  As you age, many years from now, I can envision some changes but not now.  If you're feeling brave maybe a full face photo might influence me differently but you have a very nice pair of eyes.

Don't touch them

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for eyelid surgery?

+1

Arguably, you may have VERY mild, and fortunately entirely symmetric, ptosis of the upper lids.  But I agree with Dr. Darrow.  Your eyes are very youthful and are very beautiful.  I do not think that you need surgery.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Possible candidate for eyelid surgery?

+1

Thank you for your photos.  While a face to face examination is always best, your photos show a very youthful appearance, symmetrical upper lid creases with minimal excess skin or fat deposits and a beautiful almond eye shape.  I don't see anything I feel surgery would improve on.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD