Am I a Good Candidate for an Endo Browlift? (photo)

My brows have dropped below my browbone! I find myself literally lifting my forehead muscles at all times to lift the brow, which ends up with a very wrinkled forehead. Have already tried botox numerous times, but it left me looking evil. I'd like to avoid coronal browlift due to the possible hair loss & longer recovery (only have short time available). I'm OK with not getting an enormous raise from the lift, as I simply want it to look natural, not freakishly surprised.

Endo brow lift or hairline brow lift

+1

In your situation both an endoscopic brow lift and a trichophytic hairline brow lift are good options

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/brow_lift.php

Beware of brow lifts! Focus on the lateral hood!

+1

Be very careful when asking for a brow lift, you might get it.  If you look up brow lift results in published papers and before and afters you will see that many surgeons successfully lift the brow.  Unfortunately a true brow lift makes patients look scared or surprised!  It is almost never necessary to elevate the medial third of the brow.  Many women actually benefit aesthetically from a slight lowering of the medial third.  On the contrary, there are few women even at your age that would not benefit from elevation of their lateral brow.  The reason for this is probably not what you think.  Much more important than the brow positionand shape is the infra brow skin.  If you look at yourself in the mirror you will see some bunching of skin under the brow next to your eye and a flat shape.  I call this the lateral hood.  The only kind of brow lift that I typically perform  I call a lateral hood lift.  If you gently pull up on your forehead skin above the lateral brow, you will see that a very subtle elevation makes you look younger.  This is mostly because it cleans up the lateral hood.  It is usually necessary to also restore brow volume at the same time as a lateral hood lift to create a beautiful rejuvenated shape.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com

Endoscopic Brow Lift

+1

If you do not mind the long forehead, you are an excellent candidate for an endoscopic forehead lift. Mist people like you do not mind keeping their natural forehead while elevating the brow out of the upper eyelids. If the long forehead does bother you, you can combine an endoscopic lift with excision of the upper forehead skin putting the incision just behind the hairline, beveling the skin and leaving the hair follicles. This puts the resultant incision just behind the hairline where it disappears. It also preserves the sensory nerves to the scalp.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurgerytoday.com/face.php#brow

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Endo Browlift?

+1

You can have an endo browlift, but you will raise an already high hairline. We developed the Irregular Trichophytic  Hairline technique for patients like you so the hairline can be lowered with the browlift.   Hair will grow through and in front of the hairline incision; the patient has total freedom of styling after the operation.  Go to our website to see examples of this approach for elevation of the brows and lowering the hairline.  

Am I a Good Candidate for an Endo Browlift?

+1

I have performed Brow Lifts for over 20 years and IMHO, your eyebrows are quite low and the gold standard of Brow Lifts is the Coronal Brow Lift.  The Endo uses a suspension method that would not, IMO, be able to hold your eyebrows up evenly for a prolonged period of time.  Coronal Brow Lifts remove excess scalp and as such do not need to rely upon any suspension method (suture, threads, screws or prongs) and if performed properly will not raise the frontal hairline.  This is a better option for you, IMO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+1

The simple answer to your question, based on the photo shown, is that an endo-brow lift would help.  However, you still need a full examination to make sure there are no other issues going on and to possibly see if a better surgery is available for you.

Web reference: http://www.neweyelids.com/

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy brow, forehead wrinkles and brow lift

+1

your picture has hidden many features needed to help with a decision but all of your information indicates that a brow lift would be helpful to raise the brow position and diminish forehead lines.

although most of my lifts are endoscopic , you do have a high hairline and may want to consider lowering this with a prehailine incision    just a thought

Browlift and hairline advancement.

+1

For patients like you have droopy brows and a high hairline, we invented the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift where we lower the hairline and raise the brows. It does NOT create a bad scar or compress the hairline if the surgeon follows the technique as it was written. In thousands of these I have never revised one or been asked to!

There is temporary numbness for 6- 12 months which usually returns to normal. See an experienced surgeon and meet and see hairlines he has done.

A pretrichal forehead lift should be avoided at all costs.

+1

I know every surgeon seems like they have a different opinion.  The endoscopic forehead lift is an excellent surgery and yes you are likely a candidate.  However, I cannot caution you against a pretrichal forehead lift too strongly.  This is a type of coronal forehead lift where the central incision is brought out to the follow the central hairline.  Surgeons who know what they are doing, bevel this incision to permit the hair to grow through the scar in the belief that this hides the scar.   However, if they know anything about hairline aesthetics, they would understand that the dense scar tissue along the hairline causes compression of the natural hairline.  So guess what?  The hairline looks unnatural anyway.  Women who have been talked into this end up hiding their "shorter" forehead heads anyway to hide this unnatural hairline.   In addition, there is generally permanent scalp numbness as a result of this incision that is not associated with the endoscopic forehead lift.  Because the pretrichal forehead lift is a big incision surgery, healing takes much, much longer than the endoscopic forehead lift.  To yourself a big favor and don't have any type of open forehead lift no matter how good the salesman.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Natural Brow Lift

+1

The only relative contraindication to Endoscopic Brow lift in your case is a high forehead. You should consider a pretrichial browlift which would lift your brows with emphasis on the outside portion to avoid the surprised look. It would also shorten the height of your forehead and relieve the wrinkles of your forehead, although a little botox might still be beneficial.

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon