Am I a Good Candidate for Coolsculpting? (photo)

The doctor I went to for (tickle) lipo on my flanks/lower back told me he didn't think I had enough fat to remove on my lower abs.

Determination of candidacy for coolSculpting fat reduction

+2

If you are examined and it is determined that the muscle of the abdominal wall is bowing forward and you don't have much fat to remove, then you shouldn't undergo CoolSculpting, just as liposuction would not be indicated. Tummy tucks can provide flatter abdomens by tightening the muscle. If however, there are more than 2 centimeters (close to 2/3 of an inch) of fat palpated between two fingers, then CoolSculpting can be done.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

A Good Candidate For CoolSculpting

+1
You can find a top CoolSculpting provider in your area by going to the CoolSculpting website.  A personal and thorough consultation is necessary to determine if this is a good treatment for you.  From your photo it appears that you have pinchable fat in the lower abdomen and you  may be a candidate for CoolSculpting fat reduction.  There are many other factors in choosing a CoolSculpting candidate and you should be assessed by a trusted CoolSculpting provider.

Many patients require multiple treatments to achieve desired results.  This may be multiple applications in different areas on the body or multiple applications on one specific area.  At my practice, we offer free CoolSculpting through Instant Rebates.  Patients enjoy one free session with each session purchased.  

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Good Coolsculpting Candidate

+1

For the most accurate answer, an in person consultation is always best but based on your photos, you appear to be  a good candidate for Coolsculpting.  It's impossible to judge from your photos however, how many applicators/cycles would be needed to achieve optimal results. Your best and most accurate answer will really come from a face to face consultation. 

Grant Stevens, MD

Good Candidate for Coolsculpting?

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.

In person examination is always best but from the photos, it does look like you would be a good candidate for the Coolsculpting procedure.  Patients are loving the results and the fact that there is no down time.

CoolSculpting right for you?

+1

It's always best to schedule a consultation with the physician you choose, but from your photos, you do look like a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  Your provider should assess an appropriate treatment plan for you that may include multiple treatments depending on the area of concern. 

Gregory Nikolaidis, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting works

+1

Hello, the best way to know for sure is to have a consult, but from what I can see from your photo Coolsculpting looks like it would work for you. During our consult we can actually test the different applicators and confirm which one is going to give you the best draw. With Coolsculpting having good tissue draw is critical to the success of the treatment, so wherever you go for a consult make sure they offer all of the applicators available. There are four applicators available, CoolMax, CoolCore, CoolCurve+, and CoolFit.

Best of luck.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting?

+1

Photo's can always be deceiving, but it looks like you are!  CoolSculpting does not remove skin, and it only kills the fat cells in the area that is treated. Your skin looks like it has good elasticity, and the area that you are grabbing can certainly be made smaller. I have treated many patients like you in my practice and they have been extremely happy!

I strongly recommend you find a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that is doing CoolSculpting and get their opinion. 

Jennifer Harrington MD

Jennifer Harrington, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon