Am I a Good Candidate for a Chin Implants? Hate the Side of my Face... (photo)

i'm only 16 years old, but discovered recently i hate my side profile and it makes me so insecure, i dont want to alter the appearence from the front or do anything dramatic, i just want to do it to make myself comfortable. my nose is small and i don't want a nosejob, nor would i be allowed lol but i feel like my chin makes my nose look huge and it makes me hate the shape from the side. my mom thinks im crazy. i was looking into the radiasse treatment, am i too young? help, need to convince her

Chin enhancement

+1

Radiesse injection will be a good place ot start since it is not permanent and will let you see if this is the desired effect.  Ultimately, if you like the effect, you will like a small chin implant.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Chin implant

+1

You are correct about observing inbalance in your facial profile. Chin augmentation will definitely improve your profile and could be achieved by either injection of Radiesse oe insertion of a chin implant , preferably through inside of the mouth. However improving the projection of your chin does not make you nose to looke larger. I agree with you that you do not need to have a reduction rhinoplasty.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for chin implant?

+1

From your profile picture, it does appear that you would be a candidate for chin augmentation.  In general, when the chin is made more prominent, it will make the nose look smaller.  The augmentation of the chin can be done with an implant or with a filler, such as Radiesse.  The result from the implant would be permanent (unless it were removed) while the result from the Radiesse would be temporary.  You can obtain more projection from an implant than with the Radiesse.  Of course, at age 16, you would need to obtain parental consent for any medical procedure that you would have.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon