Am I a good candidate for a chin implant? (photo)

Hello! I am thinking of getting a chin implant as I felt my profile is weak. I was looking to get a chin implant as I heard they can help narrow your face out and also make your jawline more defined. Is this the right surgery to get or is there another surgery that caters to my wants more ? Thanks !

Am I a good candidate for a chin implant?

+1
A chin implant would very much improve your profile.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of facial procedures and chin implants each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1

It is difficult to give you precise advice without seeing a full profile view, but it does appear you may benefit from a chin implant. I would recommend an in-person exam with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He/she will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used, which can give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

I have performed many chin augmentations with chin implants for over 25 years.  While the photos provided do not include a true profile, it does appear that your chin is weak.  Chin Implants can be used to augment the chin but these by themselves will not make the jawline more pronounced as the implants do not extend along the entire jawline.  It's important to understand that a prominent jawline is a relative masculine trait as it creates angularity to the face.  

Don't Masculinize your face!

+1
The photo you have is not a true profile picture, but what I see does not suggest an excessively small chin.  It may be slightly underprojected but be very careful to not have an implant placed that makes your chin too big as this has a masculinizing effect.  On your front view, if anything, your chin pad is wide with a depression to the side of the chin pad.  I would consider an implant with only a small amount of projection, yet providing fullness to the side of the chin (and this will be beneficial with aging, too). 

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant?

+1

A true profile view without turning your head will help me answer your question. It does appear that chin augmentation with possible liposuction under your chin would her helpful. For augmentation I do prefer the use of implants which are permanent. 

+1

Maybe but you need to see IN ERSON a boarded PSs in your city/state to determine if you are a candidate..//

Chin implant candidate

+1
Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the examination/ consultation. The implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted under local anesthesia, through a sub mental approach. 

Profile

+1
It is difficult to give you a definitive answer from the photos that you have submitted as the side profile appears not to be truly a side view. That said from what I can see without an examination you might benefit from slight enhancement of your chin which could be easily accomplished with a small implant. A smll amount of liposuction in the submental area might also better define your jaw line but I really need an examination to be certain. Dr. Corbin Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

A Chin Implant Is An Option for You

+1

Based on the limited views of your pictures, it appears your chin is weak from the profile view.  Bringing the chin out farther from you face can create an elongated and elegant jawline.  You have 2 options:

1)  Dermal fillers to the chin  (non-surgical chin augmentation)

2)  Chin implant

A non-surgical chin augmentation is immediate and safe if injected properly.  It will also allow you to see the anticipated results of a chin implant.

If you know that you like the results of a chin implant, you can choose that option.  While a chin implant has a very low complication rate is done by a qualified surgeon, it is more risky than dermal fillers.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon