I'm I a Good Candidate for Chin Implant? or Do I Need Something Else? (photo)

Am I a Good Candidate for Chin Implant? or Do I Need Something Else?

+1

A chin implant will certainly improve your appearance and will improve your facial balance.  A chin implant will not improve the way your teeth come together, and it will not be a replacement for mandibular advancement if necessary.  However, the chin implant is a simple, short outpatient procedure that can help your appearance with minimal downtime.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin implant for receding chin

+1

A chin implant is performed for patients who have a receding chin and who would like to have an augmentation of the mandible.  The implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, are inserted through small submental incision, and  are inserted under local anesthesia

+1

The main question which isn't revealed by your photo is how your teeth fit together. A chin implant will improve your profile but will not change the position of your teeth. If you have dental problems associated with the weak chin you might benefit from a jaw advancement procedure to both improve your appearance on profile and the way your teeth fit together. The associated downtime with a jaw advancement is much higher than with a chin implant. Most patients are fully recovered one week following placement of a chin implant. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon