Am I a Good Candidate for Canthoplasty? (photo)

I am interested in getting more almond shaped eyes(canthoplasty), as well as rhinoplasty to slim my nose a bit. I would like a more defined bridge as well. Am I a good candidate for these procedures?

Who Nose the if the Eyes Need Work

+1

Thanks for the picture.  Canthoplasty in my mind is used to preserve the normal anatomy of the lower eyelid and not to change that relationship of the lower eyelid when it is already normal.  You may be a candidate for rhinoplasty depending on the areas of change you desire.  The process all starts with a visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. ES

Rhinoplasty

+1

Being a good candidate for a procedure has a physical and psychological component to it. Your requests are appropriate for your submitted photo and barring any health/physical problems you should be a good candidate for surgery. The question is what exactly should the surgery consist of. That cannot be based simply on the single photo you submitted. I suspect refinement of the nasal tip and narrowing the outer nostril base to outer nostril base width without or without augmentation of the nasal bridge will suffice for the nose. Canthoplasty may or may not be option but I do not think I would recommend in the absence of low outer eye corners or lower eyelid laxity.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Canthoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

I think you have very pretty eyes and would not recommend a canthoplasty, but other surgeons may disagree. A minimal rhinoplasty to narrow your tip slightly and improve the definition of your bridge will bring your nose into proportion with your surrounding facial features. 

Am I a Good Candidate for Canthoplasty? (photo

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. There are risks and benefits to any cosmetic operation. You would be better served if you went personally to a few consultations. Regards

Canthoplasty and Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

I dont think the risk of a canthoplasty would outweigh the cosmetic benefit in your case looking at your pictures. That said your a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. Make sure you seek out a surgeon that specializes in African American rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS