Am I a good candidate for calf/ankle lipo? (photos)

I have always hidden my legs and would love to feel more confident. I don't expect supermodel legs. I am 180lbs and 5'6". At my slimmest (145lbs) my calves and ankles were still always disproportionally thicker. This runs in my family. I'm also curious if there are any problems with blood clots or complications if pregnancy follows this procedure, say, within a year. I'd like to do this to help encourage me. Now, I still feel fat no matter how much I try because of my calves/ankles.

Which Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in the NYC area do this specialized area well?

Calf/ankle liposuction does really nice for the appropriate patients.

+1

From your photos, you seem to be a good candidate for calf/ankle liposuction. Make sure your doc does it under local tumescent and uses the micro cannulas. Enjoy the new you. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for calf/ankle lipo?

+1

If you are planning pregnancy within a year or so, I would have the surgery after pregnancy.  You may be a candidate for calf and ankle liposuction, but an exam is necessary to make that determination.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Fat calves

+1
You have cankles.Thick calves are resistant to weight loss and as you mentioned a family trait. Your surgeon will discuss whether to combine liposculpting of the lower legs with perhaps the upper legs at the same time as they could be improved at the same proceedure. No matter which technique utilised expertise is required to attain a nice smooth shape.

Darryl J. Hodgkinson, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon