Am I a Good Candidate for a Brow Lift? (photo)

I am still quite young but, have been really thinking about looking into getting a brow lift for a while as I have got older. I find my brows are very low and make me look really tired and mardy, along with my eyelids. I have resorted to naturally raising my eyebrows slightly on a day to day basis as it opens up my eyes and makes me look more awake and instantly changes the way I look. I obviously do not want to be doing this for the rest of my life. Any advice?

Droopy eyelid not droopy eye!

+1

With all due respect to my colleagues, based on the photos you have provided, the most striking feature to me is not your eyebrow position, but rather your eyelids. You have significant eyelid ptosis, which likely is hindering your upper visual field.

In your second photo, the raising of your eyebrows is actually compensating for your droopy eyelids, which is a very common phenomenon that patients often do subconsciously.

The critical surgery for your is eyelid ptosis repair which will not only give you the more awake/alert appearance, but also improve your vision. Depending on the degree of visual field compromise, your insurance may even pay for this procedure.

Now for your eyebrows:   I apologize, but from the photos I cannot determine your gender. If you are a male, your eyebrow position is in fact completely normal, and the arched appearance on right is too feminine.

If you are a female, then certainly a browlift can achieve the look you are looking for on the right, which in females is more aesthetically pleasing. These two procedures can certainly be done at the same sitting, usually by an Oculoplastic surgeon, though some facial plastic surgeons may have training and expertise in eyelid ptosis repair as well.

You can find one close to you using the link below.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for a Browlift?

+1

With your pictures you have demonstrated that you're an excellent candidate for a brow lift. We developed the Irregular Trichophytic Brow Lift technique many years ago for patients like you. The brows are elevated and the hairline repositioned if necessary. Buried hair follicles produce hair which will grow through and in front of the incision so it is not seen. 

Browlift candidate

+1

A  browlift is performed on patients  with very low eyebrows and   a very short distance between  the eyelashes and eyebrows. The incision can be placed at or behind the hairline.   In patients with a high hairline, the incision is placed at the hairline and the skin that is removed his the bald, non-hairbearing skin. This will bring the hairline down.  In patients with a low hairline, the incision is placed behind the hairline  and the hairline can be raised slightly. In addition to the hairline raising or lowering, softening adjustments to the corrugator , procerus , and frontalis muscles are performed at the same time. When dermal atrophy and wrinkles  are present between the eyebrows, fascia grafts are inserted in this area between the skin and the muscle. for examples of the bro- lifting our practice please see the link below.

Browlift Trichophytic Endoscopic Brow Lift

+1

You can reposition the brow and create a refreshed and rejuvenated appearance to the eyes with out elevating the hairline.  The technique I prefer is a combination of an incision at the hairline, trichophytic incision, and an endoscopic approach.  The endoscopic approach allows you to preserve the nerve that provides sensation to the scalp behind the hairline.  With other forms of browlift that do not move the hairline this nerve is frequently injured, causing numbness on the top of the head.  The goal is to avoid elevating the hairline while lifting the brow and camouflageing the incision as much as possible.  This can be obtained with a surgical approach and that pays attention to the anatomic detail, as well as the desired cosmetic outcome.

Edward Farrior, MD
Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift in the young patient with brow ptosis.

+1

Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift in the young patient with brow ptosis. This is a procedure that we developed 35 years ago for patients just like you. Patients who have a sad tired look even at an early age need a brow lift to correct this tired look. The hair is buried below the hairline and grows through the scar so that it is not seen.