Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction?

I am 5' with a D cup and a 32" band. I'm 21, and have had back pain for about 6 years. I have been to several chiropractors, but none have had lasting effects. I've always thought my breasts were too large, and would really like to decrease the size. I am very active, so working out doesn't seem to help. Actually, my breasts usually get in the way of vigorous exercise. The only thing stopping me from investigating more is knowing how expensive it can be :/

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

At size 32 D the weight of your breasts is approximately 400 grams.  Insurance companies will not authorize reductions with breasts that small and you will have to pay for it yourself.  There is an alternate procedure that transfers the weight of your breast to the underlying muscle using only a circumareola incision and avoids the ugly vertical scars.  This technique will reshape your breast to increase upper pole fullness, increase cleavage, which will relieve your back pain by transferring the weight of the breast to the underlying muscle.  The cost of this technique ic $8,000 to $10,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidacy

+1

A woman at goal weight with larger breasts and these symptoms will likely benefit from breast reduction.  Insurance may cover the cost but certain parameters usually have to be met, which may conflict with your goals for breast size and shape.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

Breast Reduction Very Effective For Upper Back Pain Due to Breast Size

+1

If conservative treatments such as weight loss, physical therapy, chiropractic manipulation, and support bras are not effective, breast reduction can be very helpful.  Even a small reduction will improve your symptoms, body image and quality of life. All the best.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Breast Reduction?

+1

Based on the description of your body type,  the physical and psychological symptoms that you have experienced,  the activities that you enjoy doing etc.,  I think you may be an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery. Of course, precise advice would require in person consultation.

It sounds like  you have been dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastReduction.htm