Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Reduction? (38D, 127lbs, 5'0)

I'm 18 years old. Currently, I wear a 38D bra. I'm 5ft and weight 127lbs due to gaining muscle at the gym. If I look in the mirror, I find that I stand with my shoulders slumped forward, I often get upset when trying on clothes because even a large sized shirt wont fit right, I am self conscious when wearing tank tops, I get comments on how huge my breast are, my shoulder blades feel tender, I feel like I breathe heavily due to them, and they hurt my back if I bend over. Am I a good candidate?

Candidacy For Breast Reduction

+1

You sound as if you would be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction with your large breasts, small frame, and symptoms.  You should obtain a consultation with a BC plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss benefits/risks as well as aftercare.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

It sounds like  you are dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, your breasts are too large for your frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.
As  you think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you also understands that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).
On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).
Sometimes breast  reduction surgery is covered through health insurance. The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.
Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.