Am I a Good Candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? V Shaped Butt :-/

I am considering a bbl but am worried about my results. I read online that V shaped butts and A shaped butts are the most difficult for this procedure. I plan on losing weight but my shape is odd. I have very broad shoulders and typically am top heavy. I weigh 160.5ibs standing at 5'2 and my measurements are as follows: Upper waist 34.5 Lower waist: 38 Hips: 40.5

Candidacy for Brazilian Butt Lift is Best Judged in Person

+2

Hi there-

I agree that A-shapes are much easier to obtain lovely results in than V-shapes, which often require revision, and in whom (even with revision) the best results are rarely seen.

It is not possible, however, to know whether or not either of these situations actually applies to you without examining you in person.

Find a surgeon with a lot of experience doing these procedures and visit for a consultation.

"V" Butts and "A" Butts........

+2

It sounds like you are very "A" shaped not V shaped. Pictures would be very helpful.   I don't find A shapes to be that much of a problem.  V shapes can be very difficult.  Sometimes women with V shapes have a second fat grafting procedure to obtain even more volume in the inferior/lateral area of the buttocks.     The only way for me to know what's best for you would be to see you in person or at least in pictures to get a good idea of what you would need.  However, it sounds like you are a candidate as long as you are in good overall health. 
Good Luck

Dr M

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift for different Butt Shapes

+1

Both V and A shape buttocks can be improved and enhanced using the Brazilian Butt Lift fat transfer technique. Without photos it is hard to tell if you are a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but an exam by a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss outcome expectations.

Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. Realistic expectations are important for best out come and satisfied patients. For some patients, more than one fat transfer procedure is required to obtain the size they want because injecting too much fat at one time has diminishing returns as less fat survives than if less is injected. From your weight and height, you should have adequate fat for most desired goals.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

I have A shaped or V shaped buttocks. Can I still get a good result with the BBL?

+1

Buttcoks come in differnet shape and sizes. Some are more difficult to augment than others , and some have a higher probability for needing more than one procedure. You need to show photos to get a better understanding of your buttocks, and preferably and ultimately, you will have to be examined in person to get an accurate picture of your buttocks and the level of complexity.

George Lefkovits, MD