Am I a Good Candidate for Botox or Something else for Prematurely Aged Face? (photo)

People often think I am much older than I am, and I'm not sure what is aging my face. Am I a good candidate for Botox (horizontal forehead lines, crow's feet, etc.), or it something else that can restore a more youthful look to my face? Thanks.

Botox and the aging process

+2

Based on the photo's you've provided, you look relatively young. You don't mention your age but if you're seeing fine lines, it's a good idea to meet with a well-trained and experienced injector for a full assessment and consult to help you determine what will be your best plan of action.

Forehead Lines and Crow's Feet with Botox

+1

Forehead lines and crow's feet are treated very nicely with Botox, and a person around 30 years old may be a good candidate.

Botox for facial rejuvenation

+1

Your photographs depict a very young-appearing woman. I'm not able to see horizontal forehead lines or crow's feet but an evaluation would be needed in person. Your eyebrows are probably congenitally somewhat lower and if slightly raised, your eyes would look more open and Botox can help lift by injecting the glabella region of the forehead between the eyes and the outer corner of the eyes.

Please see a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon in consultation to evalutate what is best for you and to review the risks.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs. 

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox

+1
It is best to go for a consultation in a plastic surgery medical spa that offers treatments from facial peels, microdrmabratrion to lasers, botox and finally plastic surgery. That is the ideal environment to make recommendations

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for Botox for a prematurely aged face?

+1

Botox will help improve the areas you describe, but problems there are not evident from the photos you provided.

Overall, Botox is great for:

1) Forehead lines
2) Crow's feet
3) Smoker's lines
4) Bunny lines
5) The glabella (11's)
6) Improving the appearance of undereye wrinkles
7)  Shrink large masseter muscles

With Botox, it does not hurt to try it if there is an area that bothers you. But if the patient would not benefit from the treatment, I would not perform the injections. The best advice I can offer is to book a consult with a qualified physician who is board certified and has fellowship training. He or she will be able to determine whether or not you would benefit from treatment. Thanks and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Starting Treatments With Botox And Fillers At Earlier Ages May Slow The Aging Process

+1

In the over twenty-one years since I started using Botox for aesthetic reasons, I have seen a consistent trend that suggests that the earlier one starts, the slower the aging process.

It makes intuitive sense. Every day, we use our muscles of facial expression thousands of times--with each laugh, scowl or quizzical expression. Each time we do so, we potentially "etch" the skin with fine wrinkles, which, with time tend to grow deeper and wider. If we weaken these motions and soften the strength of the contractions with neuromodulators, like Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin, we potentially lessen over time the damaging effects of muscular movement on the skin above--the result: less wrinkling and less deep wrinkles. So, these days, I am more apt to treat younger patients, even in their early twenties, who complain of the beginning of crow's feet, worry lines or scowl lines.

A similar case may be made for the proactive use of fillers in very fine crinkles. Fillers not only diminish the depth of wrinkles, but have been found to stimulate new, native collagen production, both of which act against the age-related trend toward more pronounced wrinkling with the passage of time. Therefore, combining the use of fillers and neuromodulators makes good sense.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Botox helps maintain a youthful look

+1

Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess your face at rest and during movement. This way he/she can determine if you require any Botox to minimize dynamic movement or filler to plump up your nasolabial folds.  Make sure you use sun protection daily and consider using tretinoin cream.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox Consultation

+1

My advice would be to make an appointment with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a consultation. An in-office assessment is invaluable in deciding on the best options to treat your concerns.

Bryan G. Forley, MD

Botox and Premature Aging of Face

+1

There are many aspects to facial aging.  So-called dynamic lines, those that are caused and worsened by muscular movement, can be reduced and softened with Botox treatments.  These include smile lines or crows feet at the corner of your eye, horizontal forehead lines, and the frown lines between the eyebrows.  Other creases may be due to loose skin beginning to sag or bunch together and can be softened with filler injections.  Fillers can also increase volume in those areas of the face where fat often atrophies or sags with age, this creating a more youthful fullness to the face.  Finally, some fine lines represent changes in skin texture due to sun damage, smoking, and environmental factors.  These changes can be helped with chemical peeling, light-based laser treatments, and even some skin care products.  Get a thorough evaluation of the aging changes that you notice on your face in order to learn what treatment will help you look your best!

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Botox in the Relatively Young?

+1

Hi Kate,

Botox is not contra-indicated in the relatively young, such as yourself.  Its hard to see from the pictures, but if you have brow furrows, forhead lines, crows feet, etc, then botox would be a great way to make you look more your age if you feel this is a detractor.  Overall, practice good anti-aging with sun avoidance, or using a good sunblock with zinc everyday, eating right, and avoiding smoking.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon