Am I a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I'm 26 years old. Ive always had a fatty upper eyelid. Ive always felt my eyes looked small in photos, would i benefit from a blepharoplasty?

Blepharoplasty

+2

Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for an upper blepharoplasty.  Taking a small amount of skin from the upper eyelid crease will help open your eyes.  You have beautiful eyes, so this would just be the icing on the cake, so to speak.

Am I a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty?

+2

Hello

You are a good candidate to have a small amount of upper eyelid skin removed.  This will open your eye a little further and make then look slightly larger.

Regards

Stephen Salerno

Stephen Salerno, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+2

You have beautiful eyes but removing a small amount of skin above the crease can often help open up the eyes.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Minimal Upper Blepharoplasty

+2

A very conservative upper blepharoplasty may be of benefit to get rid of the little bit of hooding that you have. But they key is that it must be only a small amount of upper lid skin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Upper blepharoplasty for puffy lids

+1

Puffiness in the upper lids is  usually caused from a combination of fat in  both compartments of the upper lids this can be simply removed with a small amount of skin to improve the puffiness look on the upper lids

Younger patients are occasionally good candidate for blepharoplasty.

+1

For congenital reasons you have a smaller amount than average lid show of the upper lids. This can be improve the cosmetic blepharoplasty. Video imaging will give you a good idea of how it would turn out.

Mild ptosis

+1

I'm going to present you with the Oculoplastics perspective:  The fullness of your upper lids is a natural fullness of a young woman. Can you have a small strip of skin removed from your upper eyelid to increase your eyelid platform [tarsal plate] a bit more?  Yes.

However, that will not "open up" your eyes anymore. The feature your are noticing, especially when you are smiling, is that your eyes appear very small when you smile. Smiling is exacerbating the subtle Ptosis [droop] of your eyelids. This is likely a feature that you have had your whole life, but which does worsen with age.

I would suggest that a subtle ptosis repair [raising the eyelid itself], rather than a blepharoplasty [removing skin] or a conseravative combination with some skin excision, would give you the look you are looking for. The key here is ptosis repair.

I have posted a link to a similar, young patient, that had ptosis surgery

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty in the Younger Patient

+1

I would agree that even at your age (26), you are a candidate for an upper blepharoplasty with the following provision; the skin incision must be carefully designed so as not to alter the beautiful shape of your eyes and no muscle or fat be removed so that you don't get  the "hollow" eye look as you age. Carefully chose your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon- whatever is done needs to last a lifetime.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

You Are A Good Candidate For An Upper Blepharoplasty

+1

Hello Mimi,

You have gorgeous eyes, but I can appreciate the fullness you have in your upper lids.  There are many ways to perform an upper blepharoplasty, and you would require a conservative surgery.  During an upper blepharoplasty, the surgeon removes a varying amount of skin and possibly fat.  In young patients, I am hesitant to remove fat as this can create hollowness in the eyes as you age.  I would suggest you find a surgeon that would recommend removing a conservative amount of skin only.  The would create a natural and beautiful result.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Elite credentials will not help you find the right surgeon.

+1

You are far safer not having eyelid surgery than having too much eyelid surgery.  You need what I would describe microblepharoplasty with removal of about 3 mm of upper eyelid skin, support of the levator apnoneurosis tendon, and essentially no fat removal.  I know of no general or facial plastic surgeons who are this disciplined in their approach to eyelid surgery and really only a hand full of aesthetic eyelid surgeons capable of this level of work.  I do agree that studying before and after photos on websites is the right thing to do but you need to know what you are looking for.  Hope this information is helpful.