I would like almond shaped eyes. Am I a Good Candidate for Blepharoplasty? (photo)

I would like almond shaped eyes but I've been told that canthoplasty is a bad idea for me. I would like to know if I am a candidate for blepharoplasty? If I am not, are there any suggestions as to how I can get almond shaped eyes? Thank you.

Please don't have surgery!!

+3

I think the surgeon told you not to have a canthoplasty bacause they didn't think you were a candidate for any surgical procedure. You are a beautiful young woman with beautiful eyes. Please don't have a surgical procedure to change your eyelids!

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can't say based on a photo

+1

You need to be examined in person or give us better photos (close up with front, quarter turn and profile views) in order to say if your a good candidate.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Should I Have a Blepharoplasty?

+1

Thank you for submitting a photo, but a straight on close up would be more helpful in evaluating your situation. That being said, it appears to me that you are probably not a candidate for surgery at this time. I would agree with the majority of my colleagues and say that you have beautiful eyes. Perhaps if you spoke with one or two other reputable surgeons in your area and you were given the same advice, this may help you. Good luck.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

+1

Just based upon your photo, I would not offer any surgery to you.  Leave your beautiful eyes alone!  Good luck.

Your photo is not really adequate to answer your question.

+1

A straight on photo of the face or eyes would permit a better understanding of what you might be seeing.  This low quality oblique photograph of your face just does not provide enough information.  I do notice that you are maximally raising your eyebrows and this suggest that you might have upper eyelid ptosis.  If anything, I get a hint that it might be that the right upper eyelid could be flatter than the left upper eyelid.

Changing shape of eyes

+1
Your eyes are lovely. It is important for you to accept the shape of your eyes. This is not the same thing as dissatisfaction with a protruding nose or recessive chin. If someone offers you surgery, head for the hills. I think all of the highly qualified members of the panel agree that you are not a surgical candidate.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Blepharoplasty Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

Stay away from surgery and anyone who offers you a surgical procedure;  you will very likely be disappointed or worse.

Almond shaped eyes

+1

Leave your eyelids alone. You have a very youthful appearing eye area. Messing around with the shape is just going to give you trouble.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Almond eyes needing blepharoplasty?

+1

As an awfully experienced, oculo-facial plastic surgeon, and for what it is worth, I agree with the other doctors who replied.  You do not need a canthoplasty AND you do not need a blepharoplasty.  You are an attractive young lady and should not be fixating on your eye appearance as there is nothing wrong here.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Please send close up pictures

+1

I would agree with Dr.Gutowski and from the pictures you do not need surgery. You have very beutiful eyes and it goes with the rest your facial features.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon