Am I a Good Candidate for Abdominal and Thigh Liposuction?

I'm 43 years old with a fairly good skin tone. I'm 5"7, 137 lbs. I exercise 5 days a week and follow a healthy diet. No matter how much weight I lose, i still have fat in my abdomen and thighs. I'm considering liposuction on these areas but not sure if i'm a good candidate especially that I have cellulite in the thighs.

Non Invasive Fat and Cellulite Reduction Options to Liposuction

I would recommend you consider non surgical fat reduction such as #Vanquish, #Ultrashape or CoolSculpt in addition to considering liposuction.

You are a candidate for liposuction if you have excessive subcutaneous fat, which is resistant to diet and exercise. If you wish to change the contours of your body. Commonly involved areas are the anterior part of the neck (under the chin), upper arms and armpits, male chest/breasts, trunk abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, inner knees, calves, and ankles.
Most patients are near normal weight and desire permanent contour changes. Patients with average weight, localized fat collections, and healthy elastic skin are the best candidates for liposuction. You seem to be a great candidate for liposuction of the inner thighs. Just make sure that you seek out a professional board-certified plastic surgeon to prevent any irregularities from forming while healing. I would recommend #Velashape for your cellulite reduction

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Your areas of concern – the abdomen and thighs – are known to have stubborn deposits of fat that just won’t go away with diet and exercise.  In these cases, liposuction can be used to remove the fat in the abdomen and thighs.  With your BMI and your active and healthy lifestyle it sounds like you would be a candidate for liposuction.  My recommendation is to make sure that you are done losing weight before having liposuction.  Weight fluctuations after the procedure could alter your result.  Be sure to research board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Then schedule a consultation for a thorough exam to confirm that you are in fact a good candidate.

Be well and good luck!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

6400 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030-1524

By your measurements it appears you are at a good body weight, which is something we look for in liposuction candidates. Having said that, if you have cellulite on your thighs, liposuction will not help that and can actually make it look worse in some people if their skin has lost some of its elasticity. As to your abdomen, it will depend on whether the fat is under the skin where liposuction will work or intra-abdominal. An in person examination needs to be done to tell you more.

Julio Garcia, MD

6020 South Rainbow Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89118

Liposuction for the abdomen and thigh?

It is impossible, with photos, to say whether you would be a better candidate for liposuction or a candidate for tummy tuck. Best see a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Best of luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

From what you are saying, you are probably a good candidate for Liposuction.

I recommend that you seek consultation with an experience and well respected liposuction surgeon in you community.  It sounds like you are probably a good candidate.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

440 West 200 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Thigh cellulite

It sounds like you are a good candidate in that you are not overweight and want the surgery to recontour the abdomen and thighs. However you will need a face to face examination to know for sure and you need to realize that liposuction does not get rid of cellulite. In some cases it can make the cellulite look worse.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

120 South Spalding
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Liposuction may be a treatment for abdomen and thighs

At minimum, some photos would allow for better assessment of your situation. Of course, there is no substitute for an examination and consultation. If you indeed have localized fat and good skin tone, liposuction may help address your situation.

Seek one or more consultations from board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

10290 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Whether or not a patient is a good candidate for liposuction will have to be determined by your plastic surgeon, after a formal consultation and examination. There are a lot of variable involve in the decision making, such as your weight, height, body mass index, co-morbid conditions, etc. Therefore, it is important to understand fully what is involved. As for cellulite, unfortunately, liposuction surgery will not get rid of cellulite. Liposuction surgery may even make the cellulite worse. I highly recommend that you have a good consultation with your plastic surgeon to be well informed before jumping into doing liposuction, thinking that you will have your fat removed and cellulite corrected.

Kim-Chi Vu, MD

15390 NW Cornell Road
Beaverton, OR 97006

The Best L:iposuction Candidates Are At A Good Weight For Their Height

Liposuction can be very effective at removing even small amounts of fat in the abdomen and thighs. Some women's bodies, despite a lean weight and vigorous exercise, are genetically predisposed to undesireable fat collections. The thighs are a  notorious area for refractory fat collections that are unresponsive to anything but liposuction. Understand that cellulite will not improve as a result of liposuction and, unless well done, can actually make the cellulite appearance worse.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Best candidate for liposuction

The best candidates for liposuction are near their ideal weight, with localized areas of fat excess.  Your height and weight are close to that ideal.  More importantly, your skin in the areas with excess fat should have qualities that allow it to contract once the fat is removed.  Sites with stretch marks or cellulite will usually not produce good contraction and may leave you with loose, empty skin.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

2425 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523