Will Chin Implant Help with Fat Under Chin?

Am I a good candidate for a chin implant or is there another procedure that would be better for me? I've always been unhappy with the overall balance of my chin compared to the rest of my facial features. I also have a fatty portion of skin under my chin that I don't like. I'm 24 and a normal weight, so this "double chin" has always bothered me. Any help is appreciated!

Chin implant

+1

I would really need to see photos to give you the best advice. A chin implant helps to add projection to the chin, creating a stronger profile. When performed properly by a highly skilled surgeon, a chin implant may yield excellent results. Liposuction in that area may have the potential to create a great improvement as well. But it really depends on your individual needs. If you wish, you may send any photos to my office and I would be happy to evaluate them for you. My contact information is listed in my profile. Thank you, and best of luck to you.

Combining chin implant with neck liposuction

+1

It is not uncommon for people with a small chin to have excess fatty tissue directly under their chin and sometimes even extending along the lower sides of their jaw line in the upper neck regions. At least 75% of the time we perform a liposuction of the neck at the same time to give an even stronger neck and jaw line. The procedures are often mutually beneficial. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

A chin implant may help

+1

If the primary problem is excess fat, then at your young age of 24, likely liposuction is the primary procedure to improve your appearance.  If your chin is "weak" (microgenia), meaning that it does not project enough forward, it also contributes to a less defined,  favorable chin/neck appearance and a chin implant may help to improve this feature. 

The combination of liposuction of the neck and a chin implant, if indcated can create the illusion of a longer, leaner neckline and can be quite dramatic especially in a younger patient that does not require tightening of skin and muscle. 

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Sounds like you are a good candidate for a chin implant and a suction lipectomy of your neck

+1

If your teeth meet correctly and your chin is short then you would be an excellent candidate for an extended chin implant. This will bring your lower face into more harmony with your nose and mid face. The double chin and fat under your chin would be markedly improved with liposuction of your neck and under your chin. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD

You may benefit from Neck Liposuction along with Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

If you have a weak chin that is contributing to facial imbalance and a double chin, then a Chin Implant might be beneficial. If your chin has adequate projection then neck liposuction might be beneficial. If both problems are present, neck liposuction and chin implant surgery may be performed together. Feel free to email a frontal and profile photo along with a description, and I'll be happy to share my thoughts with you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and profile

+1

If you have a fat pad creating a double chin, then you need liposuction.  If you have an underdeveloped chin, an implant will help.  Frequently, both occur at the same time so both procedures are needed to achieve optimal results.

Your doctor should also check your occlusion to be sure that a dental problem, or short lower jaw are not the causes of your obtuse profile.

Click on the link and follow to chin augmentation and also to neck liposuction.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

A receding chin is treatable by a chin implant, which can make the neck look better as well

+1

A receding chin may be just that, a small chin. In that case a chin implant is a great operation for creating facial balance. Because the muscle doesn't't make a nice angle due to a short chin it may appear that there is extra fat under the chin, this is also commonly associated with a forward tilted voice-box. In the first case, a chin implant alone can solve the problem. If you have extra fat, Liposuction with the aid of a Smart Lipo device can tighten that area. Rarely more surgery needs to be done to remove fat from under the muscle called the platysma.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Chin implant and liposuction - a good combination

+1

Not having pictures to evaluate I can't tell you which one is best.  I find that patients with complaints similar to yours do best with a combined lipo plus chin aug.  The liposuction adds very little if any to the recuperation and may add significantly to the result.  This is something I would discuss with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant help with fat under chin

+1

It could be a way to hide the "double chin" of fat but it still does not address the fat. Only a lipo (I prefer Smart Lipo) will remove these fats.

Regards Dr. B from MIAMI