Am I a Good Candidate for Arm Lipo?

Hi! I am 20 years old 114 lbs, 5'5 and I am considering having arm and back liposuction. I am concerned about my arms. I have read that the skin will retract with the passing of time but I am afraid since I have too much skin and it is also thick are very fair, and could be left sagging or with scars. Have you seen good results with an arm measuring 30 cm? What's the smallest size you would recommend making it, and how many inches is the skin likely to retract?

Arm liposuction

Your photos don't demonstrate much arm fat but it is impossible to determine this without an examination. If there is limited fat, the procedure will not accomplish much and a non invasive method of skin tightening might produce the result you are seeking.

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Arm Liposuction candidate

This is very difficult to determine without actually seeing and examining you.  There are many factors which determine whether the patient is best served by liposculpture or excision; amongst which is skin tone, elasticity and volume.  Very often liposculpture is effective in the area of the upper arms, and occasionally patients are better served by a procedure called brachioplasty, which involves the actual excision of skin.  The trade-off with this procedure though, is scarring, and often an incision is made from the axilla (arm-pit) to the elbow.  Again, it’s very difficult to determine without actually examining you and determining skin tone, texture and elasticity. 

Jonathan Berman, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

670 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Arm liposuction

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have a significant amount of fat in your upper arm and therefore would have a minimal improvement in your contour. Most surgeons do not predict the circumference of your arm in cm, the fat is removed in cc's (volume). Since you're young, I would expect your skin to have fairly good elasticity and to contract rather nicely after liposuction.

William Bruno, MD

9201 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Liposuction of the arms

Because you are young with no history of extreme weight loss, your skin is likely to be favorable for liposuction of the arms.  Because your arms are not very big, however, you should probably expect only a modest improvement.

David Stoker, MD

4640 Admiralty Way
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

Arm lipo

Lipo suction of the arms is a very nice way to go when you feel that there is too much fat behind your armpit. It usually offers very little tightening, even when smart lipo and other hot methods are employed. Nothing beats the skill of the surgeon in determining exactly how much to take out, before laxity sets in. You can't ask for specific inches to be removed you must trust her or him to make that call. Going to a board certified plastic surgeon, who has done hundreds of arms can't hurt. Choose wisely and you will love your arms.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

3010 Crain Hwy
Waldorf, MD 20601

Most arm liposuction patients are very happy.

Cannot predict exact inches or centimeters, but most patients who look like your pictures can be significantly improved with very small cannulas and skillful tumescent liposuction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

875 Park Ave at 78th Street
New York, NY 10075

Smartlipo of arms with skin tightening

Skin tightening vs. fat reduction.  From your height, weight and photos, it does not appear that there is excess fat in your arms.  Therefore, your problem may be one more related to skin laxity.  I have had nice results with Smartlipo (laser-assisted lipo) of the arms because of the skin contraction / skin tightening that occurs with the use of laser energy.  Be cautious, however, and go to someone quite experienced in performing the procedure.  The skin is thin and over-zealous treatment will lead to complications easy to see.

Robert H. Gotkin, MD

625 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065-6545

Arm liposuction would be worth doing but only by the most experienced of us docs.

Few docs will do liposuction of the arms, calves or ankles since it requires a lot of finesse and use of the micro cannulas.  You should be fine getting it done but make sure your doc has a lot of experience with it.  Patients love their arms and are happy they got it done. 

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

9201 W Sunset Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90069

Arm liposuction

From your photos, you do not look like you have a significant fat collection in your upper arms, and therefore I would not expect you to see any improvement with arm liposuction.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

600 Broadway
Seattle, WA 98122