Am I a Good Candidate for Arm Lipo?

Hi! I am 20 years old 114 lbs, 5'5 and I am considering having arm and back liposuction. I am concerned about my arms. I have read that the skin will retract with the passing of time but I am afraid since I have too much skin and it is also thick are very fair, and could be left sagging or with scars. Have you seen good results with an arm measuring 30 cm? What's the smallest size you would recommend making it, and how many inches is the skin likely to retract?

Arm liposuction

+1

Your photos don't demonstrate much arm fat but it is impossible to determine this without an examination. If there is limited fat, the procedure will not accomplish much and a non invasive method of skin tightening might produce the result you are seeking.

Arm Liposuction candidate

+1

This is very difficult to determine without actually seeing and examining you.  There are many factors which determine whether the patient is best served by liposculpture or excision; amongst which is skin tone, elasticity and volume.  Very often liposculpture is effective in the area of the upper arms, and occasionally patients are better served by a procedure called brachioplasty, which involves the actual excision of skin.  The trade-off with this procedure though, is scarring, and often an incision is made from the axilla (arm-pit) to the elbow.  Again, it’s very difficult to determine without actually examining you and determining skin tone, texture and elasticity. 

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Arm liposuction

+1

Based on your photos, you do not appear to have a significant amount of fat in your upper arm and therefore would have a minimal improvement in your contour. Most surgeons do not predict the circumference of your arm in cm, the fat is removed in cc's (volume). Since you're young, I would expect your skin to have fairly good elasticity and to contract rather nicely after liposuction.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Liposuction of the arms

+1

Because you are young with no history of extreme weight loss, your skin is likely to be favorable for liposuction of the arms.  Because your arms are not very big, however, you should probably expect only a modest improvement.

Arm lipo

+1

Lipo suction of the arms is a very nice way to go when you feel that there is too much fat behind your armpit. It usually offers very little tightening, even when smart lipo and other hot methods are employed. Nothing beats the skill of the surgeon in determining exactly how much to take out, before laxity sets in. You can't ask for specific inches to be removed you must trust her or him to make that call. Going to a board certified plastic surgeon, who has done hundreds of arms can't hurt. Choose wisely and you will love your arms.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Most arm liposuction patients are very happy.

+1

Hi.

Cannot predict exact inches or centimeters, but most patients who look like your pictures can be significantly improved with very small cannulas and skillful tumescent liposuction.

Smartlipo of arms with skin tightening

+1

Skin tightening vs. fat reduction.  From your height, weight and photos, it does not appear that there is excess fat in your arms.  Therefore, your problem may be one more related to skin laxity.  I have had nice results with Smartlipo (laser-assisted lipo) of the arms because of the skin contraction / skin tightening that occurs with the use of laser energy.  Be cautious, however, and go to someone quite experienced in performing the procedure.  The skin is thin and over-zealous treatment will lead to complications easy to see.

Arm liposuction would be worth doing but only by the most experienced of us docs.

+1

Few docs will do liposuction of the arms, calves or ankles since it requires a lot of finesse and use of the micro cannulas.  You should be fine getting it done but make sure your doc has a lot of experience with it.  Patients love their arms and are happy they got it done. 

Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Arm liposuction

+1

From your photos, you do not look like you have a significant fat collection in your upper arms, and therefore I would not expect you to see any improvement with arm liposuction.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/liposuction-surgery.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.