21yo, 5'5" and 165lbs Marine with 38E breasts. Am I a good candidate for breast reduction?

I am 21 5'5" tall and 165 lbs. I am a Marine so I forcibly excercise daily :) and eat correctly to keep up. My breasts are a 38E With weight loss they will sometimes drop to a DDD but have maintained their E. My breasts make it extremely uncomfortable and painful to run and do any other excercise. I do occasionally smoke, however otherwise, I have no medical problems. I want to be free from the weight of my breasts, and wear one bra for once? Do I sound like a good candidate for reduction?

Breast reduction

+1
Based on the size of your breasts, you are a candidate for surgery. It is advisable to stop smoking as this can increase the risk of wound breakdown and poor scar healing. I believe that Tricare, the military insurance, covers breast reduction and you should see a plastic surgeon to determine what, if any standards you will be required to fulfil for preauthorization. Best of luck and Sempre Fidelis.

Breast reduction candidate

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what type of candidate you are in terms of having a breast reduction. I will say that you should stop smoking if you are considering it.

Good Candidate for Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Thank you for your question and your service to our country!

Based on your description you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery.

Anytime that the size of the breasts cause neck, back, shoulder pain or keep a patient from doing the activities they like to do, they are good candidates for breast reduction surgery.
If you were interested in insurance covering your surgery, you would have some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization.

Make sure you're  working with a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!