​I'm 43 yrs old, had two twin pregnancies, 5'7", and weigh 145 lbs. Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting or Veleshape?

CoolSculpting or Veleshape

+1
We do not have proper information to guide you further. Coolsculpting is an excellent option for nonsurgical fat reduction of areas including the abdomen, love handles, and thighs. To determine if you are a candidate, consult with a board certified physician who can provide surgical and coolsculpting options.

+1
It is difficult to say without any photos whether Coolsculpting would be beneficial to you or not. Generally, if you are able to grab fat or excess skin, then Coolsculpting could be a good solution. I recommend having a personal consultation with a Coolsculpting expert to determine whether it will help you achieve your desired results or not. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting candidate

+1
Without photographs it is hard to determine whether you are a good candidate.  If you can firmly grab and pull areas of skin and fat then most likely there will be areas that CoolSculpting can treat. The best way is to have an evaluation by a credentialed physician.

However, with two twin pregnancies, there is a chance you might have excess skin, in which case a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty would be your best bet. See a board certified plastic surgeon to get an opinion on your best options. A dermatologist cannot perform a tummy tuck, so find someone who does both and can give you a full range of options.

Deborah Pan, MD
New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting of the abdomen

+1
If you can grab a bulge of fat then you can treat the area.  I think it would be an option for you if your assessment revealed areas to be treated.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting After Pregnancy

+1
I have had many patients who have consulted by after pregnancy because of the "baby weight" that they have gained.  CoolSculpting has been a wonderful way to "jump" start the weight loss.  It is best to consult with a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience in CoolSculpting for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Possible CoolSculpting candidate?

+1
You really would need to be examined to determine if you would be a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  I'm not sure what area of your body that you are interested in treating, but that area would need to be evaluated to determine if the treatment would be advisable or not.  CoolSculpting can help reduce isolated areas of fat on the abdomen and the flanks (love handles).  It can sometimes be used on other areas as well.  It is not meant to be a weight loss program however.   

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon