A Drop of Botox Under Eye or Not?

I have never had any Botox before. I went for a consult in Scottsdale, AZ at a very reputable surgeons office. I was told that the bulge/wrinkle under my eye is caused by a muscle that most people don't have to treat. I'm 39 and wanting to look less tired. She recommended a DROP of Botox under the eye in that muscle ( besides numerous other places) but did warn me it could pull my eye down slightly. Do I try it under my eye? I've read some women getting more bags. I don't want that for sure. TIA!

Botox under the eye

+2

1-2 units under each eyelid can work very nicely and safely to soften the lines under the eyes. If your physician is highly trained and experienced (e.g. dermatologist or plastic surgeon), it would be rare to run into any problems.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox under the eyes

+2

A small amount of Botox under the eye is a great option if being performed by an experienced practitioner. If you were evaluated by a reputable doctor, I would follow their advice. Best of luck to you

Steve Laverson, MD

Botox is very helpful

+2

Botox is very safe and proven in eyelid rejuvenation---however, only very small amounts placed very superficially should be used.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

A drop of Botox under eye or not?

+2

Hello, a small amount of Botox under the eye will do wonders. You should like the result very much. Good luck to you

David Alessi, MD

Botox or Dysport immediately below the eyelashes will often relax a mini banana roll.

+2

I use Botox or Dysport all of the time for my patients with a muscle roll immediatey below the eyelashes. Most of my patients love this treatment. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox under the eyes

+2

If you went to a reputable practice, I would follow their recommendations, so long as this area is something you are interested in treating. Relaxing the muscle around the eye can be overdone, but with the right technique and experience, it will help that area of concern.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox under the eye: something to consider

+2

Botox can work well if used in very low dose  ( eg one unit ) under the eye.  It can soften under eye wrinkles and open the eye slightly to give a more attractive appearance.  However,  I would use caution if there is a significant bulge or if you get a lot of creasing under the eye when you smile broadly because at times the creasing can be made worse.  An experienced injector will be able to advise you in your particular situation.

Jason K. Rivers, MD
Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

Trust your Doctor for Botox

+2
A small amount of Botox for the lower lid is a very reasonable suggestion. It's very unlikely to cause much of a problem with a small dose. I think you should trust your Doctor's judgment.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Botox for the lower eyelid

+2

BOTOX® under the eyelid can be a good thing.  A small amount of BOTOX® under the eye, just below the lashes in the middle of the lid will sometimes help with the bulge there if it is due to the muscle.  It will also pull the lid down ever so slightly.  Normally this injection is used to open the eyes slightly in patients who have smaller eyes.  The great thing about BOTOX® is that in 3 months it will start to wear off so there is no harm in trying a small amount and seeing if you like the result.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Botox under the eyes does help with the wrinkles.

+2

I always do alittle botox under the eyes when i do the smile creases on the sides of the eye. It only works 50% of the time but when it works, it is great and i don't charge extra for it. It is rare to cause any under eye problems but does need to be done by an advanced injector. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon