I Want To Soften My Bridge. Am I a Canidate for a Non Surgical Nose Job?

Im not looking for the "perfect" nose, but i wanted the bridge to appear softer. Please let me know if i am a candidate for non surgical nose job, thanks :)

Non surgical nose job can work well.

+1

Hi.

Your expectations are reasonable.  I think the best filler for the nose is Radiesse injected deeply, against the cartilage.  It can last three years.

Computer Imaging can help guide the decision regarding Nonsurgical vs. Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Tiffany,

The best advice I can give you is to seek a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon who performs both traditional surgical rhinoplasty as well as nonsurgical rhinoplasty. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty refers to the use of fillers to augment portions of the nose to hide contour irregularities as well as camouflage bumps.

Placing filler above and below your bump would hide the bump but, on the flip side, would make your bridge appear higher. With the use of computer imaging, you could see if you like the higher bridge or if you would prefer removing the bump through surgery. If nothing else, it's neat to see a "sneak preview" of your new nose. Depending on what exactly needed to be done to your nose, a closed or endonasal rhinoplasty may be appropriate. If you have any difficulty breathing through your nose, this could also be corrected and a portion of your surgery may be offset by insurance.

If you do decide to use filler, I would highly suggest you try Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm (Ultra or Ultra Plus) the first time around, as these products can be dissolved immediately with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase, if you did not like the effects. In my experience, these fillers last quite a while in the nose, longer than they do in other parts of the face. The procedure takes just a few minutes to perform and can be comfortably done in the office after placement of numbing cream. 

There is a "Virtual Rhinoplasty" app on my website which allows you to morph and download your photos yourself or your physician should be able to do this with you during your consultation. 

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Web reference: http://www.mehtaplasticsurgery.com/rhinoplasty/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's not clear from your photos if you might benefit from a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatment.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

The oblique photos you posted don't tell the whole story about your profile hump. Small profile humps may be improved by injecting filler above and below the hump which may lead to a straighter appearance. If your hump is higher than your tip, adding volume to your nose may not be appropriate. You may wish to re-ask your question and post a profile photo for the RealSelf community of experts to view and comment on.

Dr. Joseph

Web reference: http://nosejobphotos.com/

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for a Non Surgical Nose Job?

+1

You obviously are satisfied with the appearance of your nose and would be satisfied with a less than perfect appearance. As such the use of a dermal filler in the depression along the nose profile would be a great alternative to smooth it and give you the appearance you want.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Non Surgical Nose job is excellent for softening nasal bridges

+1

Tiffany89,

Reviewing your photos, you would be an excellent candidate for non surgical nose job, or contouring of the nose with dermafillers.  In my opinion, a large number of people interested in modifying their nasal appearance would be better served with a non-surgical rhinoplasty than a surgical rhinoplasty.  And this is not just because it allows them to avoid the side effects, risks, and recovery of surgery.  Non- surgical rhinoplasty is in fact better at treating many of the contouring requests.  A skilled injector can practically paint the filler in where desired.  Using fillers allows the surgeon and patient to examine the nose and make small adjustments together, something you can't do with surgery.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty is an advanced filler technique, so I would recommend doing your research and find someone that performs it frequently.

Good luck in your search for information!

Web reference: http://yourfaceinourhands.com/plastic-surgery/dermafillers-nose.cfm

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon