Am I a Canditate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am 16 years old and am considering getting a rhinoplasty. My nose bridge has a slight bump and when I smile the tip of my nose droops. Also when I smile the sides of my nose spread. My nose seems to also overpower my small face.I feel that I am a good candidate for a rhinoplasty, I would be doing it for myself because it is the only thing that makes me feel insecure, please let me know what procedure if any should be done to my nose.

Not a candidate for Nose Job

+1

You have a generally aesthetic nose with good proportions. The profile shows a minimal bump and your nose is straight and natural-appearing. You are not a good candidate for Rhinoplasty based on minimal benefit and the potential for making the nose too short. I would leave it alone.

Dr. G

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Canditate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

From the photo, there is a very slight dorsal bump the could be reduced combined with thinning of the tip through a closed Rhinoplasty.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose.

Rhinoplasty

+1

I can see the bumb on your nose and bringing it down is possible. You can remove some of the extra tissue in the tip of your nose to make it smaller as well. However not seeing the full conture of your nose makes it difficult to recomend. Consulting with you is the best way to determin your needs.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

A very small hump can be removed and the tip slightly narrowed and refined. Minimal  changes may beoriate but I would not recommend surgery without examining you and consulting with you.

Are you a good candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

I would need to see full face photos in order to begin to evaluate your situation. The balance of your nose to rest of your facial features is an integral component tot the evaluation process.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty?

+1

Based on the limited photos, your nose looks pretty good and I probably would not operate on it.  An in office consultation would be the best way to say for sure.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the limited photos you have supplied, it is hard to see how the nose relates to the rest of your face and whether it 'overpowers' it or not.  The nasal hump can be rasped down and the dropping nasal tip can be addressed.  I would recommend that you consult with a board certified specialist who can best address your needs and help you achieve the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

It would be better if we could see a picture of your whole face.  ( front and side views)  Also, an in person consultation would really give us an accurate picture of what you really need, if anything.  Good luck!

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty candidate--not you!

+1

The items you point out are normal and the size of your nose is good. The very slight bump can be filed down if it really bothers you: otherwise leave it alone. You can always find someone to operate and I have  seen many noses like yours over the past 35 years of doing rhinoplasty made worse by surgeons who told the patient what they wanted to hear!