Am I a Candidate for Restylane Nose Injection?

I got my nose cauterized for my nose bleeds and my nose ended up getting messed up. From one side it is very caved in and my nostril is very bulbous and the other side is the opposite. (bulbous top and shallow nostrils.) Will this work for me?

Restylane and Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Photographs would be helpful to give you more specific advice.  However, it sounds like a HA Filler might helpful for the "caved in" side.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Who is a good candidate for a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?

+1

I read your concerns, and without seeing your photos it's difficult to see if you might benefit from a non-surgical nose job.

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) involves using Injectable Fillers to improve your appearance. You can have Silikon-1000 for permanent results (my personal preference), but Radiesse, Juvederm, and Restylane are used as well. The choice of filler depends on the preference, and experience of your physician. I have been using Silikon-1000 in the nose for over 10 years and have had wonderful success, and many happy patients.

The most commonly performed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure will camuoflage a small nose-bump. For example, you may have a bump on your profile view. Filling above and below the bump will improve your profile so it’s straight and less distracting. If your nose has a profile-bump but is too large, then a Surgical Rhinoplasty would likely be the best way to proceed. Injectable Fillers will never make a large nose smaller.

A crooked nasal appearance can also be corrected with a Non-Surgical Nose Job. A concavity on your front view may cause your nose to appear twisted. Filling the concave area can lead to a straighter, more pleasing appearance that won't call attention to itself.

Visible imperfections after a previous Nose Job may be dramatically improved with a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. Minimizing the appearance of Rhinoplasty irregularities without additional surgery and downtime is one of the most rewarding procedures for my patients and me. Imperfections in your bridge, tip, and nostrils are often dramatically improved during an office visit, typically with no downtime. Visible, asymmetric tip cartilage that may become bothersome after Rhinoplasty can be camouflaged with Silikon-1000. A pinched tip can be widened, and high nostrils can be lowered. A wide bridge can also be narrowed provided it's not too high. All while avoiding Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery which is inconvenient, costly, and often unnecessary.

Your Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is performed painlessly with topical anesthetic. You have no downtime, and normal activities are resumed immediately after this 20-minute procedure. If you’re an appropriate candidate for Silikon-1000, results are completely natural and permanent.

You may need Rhinoplasty Surgery if your airway and septum require correction. You may also require Rhinoplasty Surgery to make your large nose smaller since adding volume will only make things larger.

When considering a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedure, the experience of your physician is critical. The injections must be carefully placed at the correct depth. Even temporary fillers like Radiesse, Juvederm and Restylane last well over a year in your nose. I almost exclusively use Silikon-1000 for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures, and several treatments are typically necessary to achieve complete correction of most conditions. Patient satisfaction is very high.

I've attached a link to my Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for rhinoplasty revision

+1

From your description, I do not beleive that Restylane will provide you with significant cosmetic improvement.