Receding Chin - Am I a Candidate for Radiesse?

Well I have what looks like a receding chin because I have an overbite. It game me a double chin also. I have no interest in breaking my jaw to realign my bite, me and my family are strongly against surgery for any reason unless its life saving. With that said I was considering to have Radiesse injections to see if I like the look and if I do I would possibly consider a chin implant in the future. Do you think this would be possible? I've attached pics of my chin/face. Thank you

Chin Implant versus Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is much more costly than a chin implant over time.  

Radiesse injection will require a minimum of one syringe in the chin area at a cost of $500-1000 per syringe.  Radiesse does not hold up a long time in the chin area.  

A chin implant will cost between $1250-2500 and is a permanent solution which does not require touch-ups and has a high satisfaction rate if placed properly by an experienced surgeon.  In addition, contours achieved by a solid implant are not possible by Radiesse.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/facialfillers.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

A quick chin with radiesse

+1

You can get a chin in less than 10 minutes with radiesse. The expense is minimal compared to surgery and you can see how you like the change. You can then decide whether you want something more permanent. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Injection technique chin augmentation. A waste of time?

+1

I have augmented the chin with injection technique with both fat and Radiesse.  Over time, it doesn't hold up.  When compared to the minimally invasive technique we use for chin implant, it seems like a waste of time and money to do it by injection technique unless you just want to "try it on for size".  Plus, you really need sub-mental liposuction and the combination works out so great, it's hard to rationalize any other treatment plan.

Filler instead of chin implant

+1

You can have a filler like Radiesse injected to make your profile better. Unfortunately, you would need a lot to make a difference for yourself and it lasts up to about a year normally. I inject a local anesthetic or saline to give the person a "look" as to how a chin implant would be. I would also recommernd liposuction underneath your chin in the neck for just that will make your chin look more prominent. Any of the liposuction ways, like SmartLipo,SlimLipo,ultrasonic,Vaser lipo will help. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse, Beverly Hills Radiesse, Los Angeles Radiesse, Juvederm

+1

I have used Radiesse to augment the chin, cheeks and jaw line since it became avialble here in the US.  Yes, Radiesse can and is frequently used in my Beverly Hills/Los Angeles practice to incrrease the size and shape of the chin.  The effects can be tailor made by using more or less Radiesse.  typically, we start by using one 1.5 cc syringe of Radiesse to the chin area.  The effects last about 1 year after which you could repeat the Radiesse Injection or consider a Chin Implant for a permanent augmenbtation...whichever you feel comfortable with at that time.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Receding chin and Radiesse

+1

Dear MW - thanks for your question - I agree with many before me but would like to make a very important point for your consideration - when I study your profile I too see the small amount of fullness under the chin (best addressed with liposuction) and the slightly weak chin projection - but what I also see is that the crease below the lip and above the chin itself is fairly deep or prominent - should you elect for augmentation - either injectible or surgical, precise placement will be necessary to avoid amplifying this feature which would create a "Leno" like chin deformity.  I think that an injectible may be appropriate to temporarily augment the area to see it the look that is created and possible with your anatomy, is a look you like. In either situation a small amount of injectible product or a small implant should you elect for surgery will be the better part of valor.  I hope this helps!

Hamptons Facial Plastic Surgeon

Possible chin implant and Radiesse

+1

You are against surgery unless needed for a life saving procedure.  You may then not be able to decide on having a chin implant as that is a surgical procedure.  If you inject Radiesse and don't like the look, you're stuck with it for possibly a year. If sterile saline is injected it may give shape to show you a temporary result, and then you can move up to Perlane or Juvederm UltraPlus as these hyaluronic acid fillers can be injected with hyaluronidase to dissolve them if you don't like the appearance, but you can't dissolve Radiesse.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/radiesse/index.html

Radiesse for Chin Augmentation

+1

Although Radiesse can temporarily improve your chin projection, I would recommend a chin implant. Placing a chin implant is a safe procedure and will avoid the expense of repeated injections. I would also consider liposuction under your chin. I understand your family's concerns about surgery; we all want to select the technique that is easiest  and least expensive, but under the circumstances surgery is your best choice.

Receding chin and implant vs, Radiesse.

+1

You would do much better with an implant and liposuction under your chin. You can injection saline into your chin to see if you are going to like the result or do it with imaging.

Radiesse Injections Versus Chin Implant/Neck Liposuction

+1

Hi MW,

I would advise that you save the money you would spend on Radiesse and apply it toward a chin implant and neck liposuction.  You can have a large volume of Radiesse injected, but I would skip that if I were you.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P