Am I a Candidate for Chin Liposuction (Male)?

I am attaching two profile photos of me with my head in its normal position. I am an actor, and so having a tight chin/neck area is important to me. Right now, it is sagging and I want to deal with this, but I am not sure if this can be dealt with via lipo. If I am not a candidate for lipo, what other options do I have to deal with this?

Candidate for lipo

+2

Yes you are and I would add platysmal plication to enhance the angle under the chin.

This can be done under local in much safer environment then general anesthesia.

I woul look up Dr. Jeffrey Klein in San Juan Capistrano. He is the developer of the tumescent technique and has revolutionized the field of minimally invasive cosmetic surgery.

Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Better photos with frontal and side views would help answer the question.

+1

You should seek consultation with an expert in Liposuction/SmartLipo to anser this question.  Frontal and side views with an upright head postion would be necessary to really evaulate the neck.  It is also important to have a physical examinaiton to palpate the fat and determine what could be removed safely.  The photos are not adequate.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Redefining the male chin-neck angle?

+1

Mr. Kent: In addition to the techniques offered, you might consider visiting Dr. Greg Mueller, Beverly Hills, who has introduced a technique called the iGuide necklift, which provides a "trampoline" of permanent sutures under the neck skin.  The jury is out on how long the results will last, however the procedure can be conducted under local anesthesia +/- oral sedation with very little down time. Good luck

Lavinia Chong, MD

Liposuction of the chin and neck

+1
Your photographs are not a good substitution for a consultation however based on what I am able to determine you would benefit from liposuction. I am in Newport Beach and have a lot of experience with patients in your same trade and it is important how the camera picks up certain problematic areas. I think in your circumstance a minimal procedure of chin and neck liposuction will give you a nice result. Digital imaging is also very helpful in the consulting phase as the surgeon is able to show you the proposed surgical result prior to the procedure. This is very beneficial in chin augmentation and liposuction cases.

Michael Elam, MD

How to best fix a sagging neck

+1

From the photos, it does not look like you have a lot of fat to suction. I would recommend that you consider a skin lifting procedure. Look into Ulthera, I have been seeing good results in cases like yours. One of the main advantages would be no downtime and nobody would know that you had anything done, just a nice subtle lift. Post back to let us know how things go.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. Yes I recommend Smart Lipo 12 to 18 watts for your submental area. Seek boarded surgeon in LA. 

Chin liposuction

+1

While there is no substitute for an in-person consultation and examination, it seems that your pictures show just a slight laxity in the submental (under chin) area.  Laser liposuction would likely be your best option as you really don't have significant fatty deposits in this area; rather, you would likely benefit the most from the skin tightening from the laser (after gentle liposuction in this area).  Additionally, depending upon your skin type -- you may be a good candidate from external laser resurfacing to even further tighten any skin laxity in your neck area.  In our practice, we perform all of these procedures under local anesthesia.  If patients really desire more extreme forms of anesthesia, we can offer IV sedation or full general anesthesia.

Vish Banthia, MD

Yes to chin liposuction, possible no to chin implant

+1

Given the details you proveded, I would vote less for chin liposuction.  Obviously, the problem is not so bad but given the competitive environment in which you find yourself, your concern and your proposed solution makes sense to me.  Of course, nothing takes the place of a true consultation.  I probably would be less enthusiastic about a chin implant if I were you, based on the photos you provided.  Good luck!

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Chin/lower face liposuction-great option.

+1

Hard to be definitive without a personal consultation.  The photos are just not adequate.  The key with lower face/neck liposuction is that it is relatively easy to have and recover from.  The procedure can be performed in the office under straight local anesthesia.  The issue here is will it be the right thing for you.  Yes it can help the fullness under the chin in many people.  Consider having a few personal consultation before settling on a particular approach.

+1

From your profile view, it looks as though your chin may be slightly small and therefore, you have what it looks like extra fat under your chin, but in fact, this is the folding of the skin. A small chin implant will help resolve this, but you will have to be careful not to get a large chin implant since that would cause a witch's chin deformity.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon