No Stretch Marks, 29: Candidate for Abdomen Lipo and Fat Transfer to Bottocks?

I'm considering having lipo done to my abdomen and the fat transfer to my bottocks. This would be my first surgery, I'm 29, non smoker, I dont have any stretch marks on my stomach. Would a lipo result in saggy skin?? Obviously I'm really nervous! I consulted with 2 different docs. One who looked at me, told me, I was all skin, I wasn't a candidate and rushed me out the door. The other spent a lot more time with me, examined me and said I was a candidate. Now I'm confused and worried.

Liposuction and fat injections

+1

Liposuction may provide you with a reasonable result but without an examination it is difficult to ascertain whether you could improve those results by also having an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  You should see a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss the risks and benefits of such surgery.  The fat removed can be used for fat grafts or fat injections but not all physicians who do liposuction are trained in fat injections and not all physicians who do facial fat injections necessarliy do fat injections into the buttocks.  A brazilian butt lift usually requires many ccs of fat removal to be injected in each buttock and you may not have enough. The fat removed has to be removed and treated carefully unlike normal liposuction and not all physicians doing liposuction have the equipment or training to remove that much fat, efficiently, and in such a way that the fat will be usable for fat injections. Continue to do your research and make sure you've seen a surgeon who has great experience with brazilian butt lifts.

Fat transfer to the buttocks

+1

It looks like you skin is adequate meaning there does appear to be some looseness to the skin. You would want to take good care of the abdominal area after the surgery to allow for optimal healing. I think you do need enough fat to make the procedure worthwhile. Meaning if you don't have that much fat you won't see a signiicant result afterwords and may not be happy. Of course , if you are infinitely wealthy then there is no sense in wasting the fat if you want to at least be a little bit larger but for most patients finances are an important part of the consideration process.

David E. Kim, MD

Fat transfer, Liposuction and brazillian butt lift

+1

Dear Raynemaker, based on your photo, you seem to be a great candidate for liposuction of the abdomen and fat grafting to the buttocks (Brazilian butt lift). Your skin appears to have good quality, you should not have saggy skin if your surgery is performed by an experienced board certified Plastic Surgeon, not just a cosmetic surgeon. To obtain adequate amount of fat cell, you may want to also have liposuction of your waist line (flank). The fat obtained from your abdomen and waist line can then be processed and injected into your buttocks.

Good luck and enjoy your new body.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Liposuction and Fat Transfer Works

+1

From your photos, you do appear as though you would be a good candidate for liposuction and fat transfer.  Some surgeons do not do fat transfer, so they will obviously turn you down.  An experienced plastic surgeon who does fat transfer can examine you and give you appropriate advice.  If you are confused, another opinion by a plastic surgeon who has experience in fat transfer will be beneficial.

Randy J. Buckspan, MD

Liposuction,SmartLipo,Tummy tuck,Brazilian butt lift

+1

A brazilian butt lift is where fat is removerd from an area like your abdomen and transferred to a different area like your buttock. Unfortunately, it usually looks great initially but the fat does get absorbed so it may not be a permanent result like a buttock implant. It appears you would benefit from liposuction of your abdomen and it usually does not result in more excess skin but you may be a better candidate for a tummy tuck.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal Liposuction and Fat Transfer

+1

Hi raynemaker,

Fat for fat injections is typically obtained via gentle liposuction manually by your plastic surgeon. Next, this fat is processed to purify the fat, stem cells, and other viable tissue while minimizing damage. The fat is then immediately transferred to the face or other desired areas via small injections to rejuvenate the area and add volume.

Liposuction for body shaping is typically performed with more aggressive methods, which may be appropriate for a good looking abdomen but is not appropriate for fat transfer. Abdominal liposuction destroys the fat cells. Speak with your plastic surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+1

From these pictures, your skin qulaity appears to be good.  Thus I would expect you to have appropriate skin contraction after abdominal liposuction.  However, there is no way to make an absolute judgement.  You will need more fat than your abdomen.  In my practice, it is not unusal to liposuction abdomen, love handles, lower back, upper back and even inner thigh for optimal buttock fat transfer.  See pictures below for examples.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Liposuction & Fat Transfer

+1

In the picture it does appear that you have good skin tone and therefore are a candidate for abdominal liposuction. However, the final decision must be made after physical examination. I suggest you get another opinion before deciding.

Great liposuction = great fat transfer material.

+1

For an abdomen like yours, liposuction alone is only enough if it is assisted by some technique that causes some tissue tightening afterwards.  I prefer Vaser for this.  Breaking up the fat and removing the "fat residue" leads to a more complete extraction and the process stimulates tissue tightening later on.  One key move is to use traditional liposuction in at least one or two areas as fat harvesting spots first.  This way we don't use "destroyed" fat for transfer.  There is a lot to it, so this is one area where experience counts.

Ritu Chopra, MD

Fat grafting,body contouring, facial contouring, # beauty, #fat transfer, #restylane, #tissue contouring, #beauty

+1

Dear Raynemaker

Thank you for your question. Fat transfer for the buttocks does require a significant amount of fat to attain a good result. Some surgeons may be cautious- in that they may want enough fat to harvest- so that if the result after the first surgery is not enough, then there is some fat left to harvest to complete the desired change in shape you are looking for. Certainly another opinion is worth while and may help to to make an informed decsion that you are comfortable with.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD