Am I a Candidate for Lipo, or Do I Need Lower Body Lift?

I exercise , mostly running. I have recently had a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. but I am so unhappy with there appearance of my butt and thighs. could this be fixed (made to have a smoother appearance) with plastic surgery or am I stuck with this butt?

Buttock lift is a great procedure

+3

You have already had the 'front half' a lower body lift done. I would recommend completing your lower body rejuvenation with a buttock lift. This procedure will lift your sagging buttock and smooth the lines and folds that your photos demonstrate.

Buttock lift

+3

Based off your picture I would not necessarily recommend a lower body lift.  Rather you may use a combination of liposuction, fat grafting (Brazilian Buttock Lift) or reverse buttock lift to improve the area.  Lower body lifts are typically best suited for those patients with a large weight loss and significant skin redundancy.  I would agree that improving the lower back/upper buttocks would improve your shape.

Michael Spann, MD

Michael L. Spann, MD
Little Rock Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Body Lift?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Unfortunately, without direct examination it is hard to give you precise advice. However, based on your history and picture I think that liposuction alone will  leave you with an unsatisfactory result.

It would behoove you to be seen by  well experienced or certified plastic surgeons to discuss options after careful examination.

Candidate for lipo or is a lift needed?

+2

Liposuction will reduce bulges of fat but will not tighten the skin.  Lifts will tighten the skin but will also give you more noticeable scars.  In general, liposuction needs to be done less aggressively if the skin has some laxity.  One option that you have is to liposuction some of the fat bulges and take that fat and have fat transplantation into some of the hollowing around your buttocks.  It would not correct your cellulite but it would soften the appearance.  A plastic surgeon would need to assess your skin elasticity.

Elizabeth S. Harris, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Buttock lift?

+2

Without an exam it is hard to tell if you need  a lower body lift or not.  If the skin quality is poor and the tissue jsut hang, than possibly this may be the best thing for you.  Sometimes, fat augmentation to the buttock may help the buttock area as well.

Cellulite can be improved.

+2

Hi.

1)  It's hard to judge from just one photograph.  But you do not look like you need a lower body lift.  That is quite a bit of surgery and scarring and recovery, and you want to make sure that the improvement you get is worth it.

2)  You would really benefit by having liposuction of the lower back and waist and love handles.  This will give you a very nice shape.

3)  The bumps and dents in your buttocks are a very common problem.  This cellulite can be improved but not eliminated.  We have the best results with superficial tunneling and micro fat injections.  This is done together with liposuction.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction, buttock augmentation, or buttock lift?

+2

Each patient is different, and there are many ways to improve the appearance of the buttocks. If there is excess fat in the flanks or "love handles" liposuction of the flank and fat injections to the buttocks (Brazilian Buttock Augmentation) is a good choice. When there is excess skin and buttock ptosis or sagging, a buttock lift with autoprosthesis augmentation is a better choice. After a full consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, you will be better able to decide on which procedure to undergo. From your picture, it seems that a lift with augmentation would give the optimal result.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Lower Body Lift

+2

Yes - you could benefit from EITHER a Liposuction, or Brazilian Butt Lift or a formal Buttock Lift. Which procedure is best for you would depend on what you want to change / improve and how much risk, scarring you are willing to accept.

Liposuction of the lower back and hips could have been done at the time of the Tummy Tuck and can be done after your recover from the tummy tuck (whose bruising you still have). The procedure would define the upper buttock margins, demonstrate the "V" zone and make the buttocks appear larger. It can be combined with fat transfer to the buttocks.  This procedure will not make the buttock dimpling go away.  To get a true lift you would require a physical lifting of the buttocks with a permanent scar across the lower back along the upper buttock margins.

Which one is for you? Read much more about this and discuss it with your Plastic Surgeon.

Dr. Peter A Aldea