I'm 5'6 and 155lbs. Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? (photos)

I'm 5'6 155lbs. I work out about 5 days a week and have done so for the past year. My weight has been stable around 150-155 for 5 years. I was about 180 when I was younger and lost about 50 lbs in a short period of time. My stomach has loose stretched out skin. It isn't too bad when standing up but I do have a frown at my belly button. I have a pouch that hangs when laying down or bending over. I have no kids. Would a tummy tuck be ideal for me?

Candidate for tummy tuck / abdominoplasty

+1
Unfortunately the photographs only provide some of the information needed on whether an abdominoplasty, mini-tummy tuck, or other procedure would be appropriate for you. An in-office consultation would be most helpful for a qualified surgery to assess your muscles and extent of loose skin to see if there is enough to remove surgically. Good luck.

New Haven Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for Excess or Loose Skin After Weight Loss

+1
Congratulations on a your impressive healthy lifestyle. All the exercise in the world will not shrink skin once it has stretched and disrupted the elastic fibers. You sound like an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck. Keep up the good work. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

The right candidate for a tummy tuck has loose abdominal skin and muscles

+1
It appears as though you might benefit nicely from a tummy tuck, but I'd need to see you in consultation to give you an exact answer.  A tummy tuck is great to flatten the belly by removing the excess skin and by tightening the muscles.  I also make a nice almond-shaped belly button during my tummy tucks.  Thanks for your question!

Dr. Schreiber

Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

LTA vs mini tummy tuck

+1
Thank your question, however it is difficult to give you precise advice with your pictures. You may be a candidate for a lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck or a mini abdominoplasty. You may even be a candidate for a reverse abdominoplasty but would need to be seen in person for proper evaluation.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

I do feel you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck

+1
Based on your photos and history, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. The excess skin that you have below the belly button will be removed keeping the scar as low as possible so that it may be hidden in a bikini. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck!

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
Very poorly posted photos!!! My guess via the internet is YES to full Tummy Tuck. But always in person consults are best.. 

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question and for providing the photos.  Based on your description of a stable weight after losing 50 lbs, loose skin, and no improvemwnt despite exercise, I would think that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  The photos are a bit difficult make specific recommendations based upon, but do lead me to believe that you would be helped by a tummy tuck.

Tummy tucks are an excellent way to make your belly flat.  A tummy tuck will:
-Remove and tighten excess skin
-Tighten the abdominal muscles to restore your waist line and remove the lower belly pooch
-Remove scars from the lower belly including stretch marks of the lower belly
-Can be combined with liposuction to remove unwanted fat and further contour the belly

Tummy tucks have become increasingly common to enhance your belly.  It can be done as an outpatient procedure, but does have a roughly 2 week recovery time.  Based on your photos, I would think that you would be helped by a tummy tuck with liposuction.  An actual examination of your belly would be necessary to confirm this.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon can go over the specifics for your abdomen and help you to decide how best to proceed.

Best of luck with your belly,

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
Yes ma'am you are a candidate for a tummy touch but need to be seen and examined.  Please go to the Smart Beauty Guide to find a surgeon in your area.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Not the complete story

+1
As is true in all fields of medicine, plastic surgery requires a proper patient history and physical examination in order to be properly practiced.  Based on the limited history you have provided (is there something in your medical history that might contra-indicate cosmentic surgery?) and the limited photographic views you have provided, I would say that it would be worth your while to cosult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Good candidate for a tummy tuck

+1
Based on your photographs in the fact that you are had a stable weight after losing 50 pounds he most likely aren't good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and a proper recommendation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS