I'm 5'5, 170 lbs. Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck being 5"5 and weighing 170 being a mother of 3

You are a candidate for a tummy tuck after weight loss

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  You certainly can have a tummy tuck however you results will be much better if you can lose weight and you closer to your ideal weight first.  When there is excess subcutaneous fat beneath the skin is impossible to tighten the abdomen adequately.  In addition if you lose weight after your tummy tuck the skin can sag again.

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question and for providing the photo. While not a substitute for an actual exam, the photos are helpful. Based on the information that you provided, I do think that you would benefit from a tummy tuck. This would allow us to create a flat belly with tight skin.
Tummy tucks are excellent procedures to tighten the belly muscles and remove the loose skin. Liposuction works well to remove excess and unwanted fat. Often, these procedures are combined to give the best results. In your case based on the photos, I would suspect that you would benefit from the combination of procedures.
The best way to determine if you are truly a candidate would be to visit a board certified plastic surgeon. After examining your belly, they could discuss the specific options for you and answer any questions that you might have.
Best of luck with your tummy tuck.
Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
You need an in person examination, but your BMI is 30 and it does look as if you have excess skin. If you lost a little weight, you would be an even  better candidate.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
Hello Butterfly

Based on the information supplied, I believe you would be a candidate for a tummy tuck.
However, I believe that an opinion on an online forum is not match for a face-to-face consultation with a Plastic Surgeon(referred to as a board certified Plastic Surgeon in the US and a Specialist Plastic Surgeon here in Australia).
This gives that Plastic Surgeon to use his expertise and years of specialist training to make an assessment and discuss with you your options. It gives you an opportunity to develop a trust relationship with your Plastic Surgeon- after all, you are asking him to operate on you!
Then once you have all the facts at your fingertips, you can make an educated decision.

I wish you well in your journey.

Mark Edinburg, MBBCH, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Thank you for the picture.

Based on your picture, I believe that you make a great candidate for a tummy tuck.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

+1
You are a great candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  It is an outpatient procedure so you can go home the same day.  You go completely asleep for surgery so you don't feel or remember anything.  You will have a scar down low like a c-section scar that goes from hip to hip and all the skin and fat and stretch marks can be removed from your belly button to your pubic bone.  Before you know it, you will have a smooth, flat, great looking abdomen!  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
Maybe but ONLY IN PERSON examination by a boarded PS in your city would allow a definitive response..// 

Tummy tuck candidate

+1
Thank you for your question and posting an appropriate picture. Based on your description and the picture posted you seem to be a very good candidate for an lateral tension abdominoplasty tummy tuck. You would need to be seen in person have an examination prior to proceeding with the procedure.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
       You will probably benefit greatly from a tummy tuck to improve the appearance of your abdomen.

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1

Based on your limited photo, you appear to be anatomically a candidate for a tummy tuck. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. An abdominoplasty should be delayed until you are within 10 pounds of your ideal weight and have finished all of your pregnancies.

If a member of my family underwent a tummy tuck, it would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) . If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon