I'm 36 yrs old, 5'4, 195 lbs. Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? (photos)

I am a 36 year old woman who has been pregnant 6 times and I have had 1 c-section. I am 5 ft 4 and weigh 195 lbs. (BMI 33) Despite my weight I am very healthy (I have just had my very thorough annual exam). My blood pressure is low and I have no problems with blood sugar. Heart and lungs are perfect. The fat and skin in my abdominal area is very soft and I can easily pinch and roll just about anywhere ;) Would I qualify for a tummy tuck?

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1

Weight loss would improve the result, but a tummy tuck will produce a very nice improvement.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT

+1
Yes, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. You may achieve a better result if you lost some weight first, but either way, you will definitely have a great improvement. Good luck!

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Are you a candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
Given your photos and your history of having had 6 pregnancies and a c-section, you would be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck.   It always an advantage to get closer to your ideal weight before any cosmetic procedure.  But, even if this is not a possibility, you should still see a substantial improvement in your abdominal contour.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

TT candidacy?

+1

Yes you are a candidate.  You will not have a flat stomach at the end result but you will have a great improvement.  The panniculus will be gone, the upper abdomen can be suctioned and this will help.  Since you are substantially overweight, your muscles cannot be pulled together but nevertheless you will have much improvement.  Then lose weigh which should be a lot easier after the TT.   My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon