I'm 22, 5,4, 121 lbs. Am I a Candidate for Tummy Tuck? (Photo)

I'm 22, 5,4, 121 lbs. I had my daughter 6 an a half years ago and that pregnancy left me horrible stretch marks all over my belly. I've researched everything to see what I can do to get rid of them and the only thing I come upon is a tummy tuck but since I barely have any loose skin to stretch I don't know if I'm a candidate or if a mini tummy tuck will help with the stretch marks? Or what my other options are to get rid of them. I'm desperate :(

Microneedling Can Help Stretch Marks

+1
A mini tummy tuck will not improve the appearance of your stretch marks. I suggest you consider nonsurgical treatments, such as micro needling.

Microneedling minimizes the appearance of stretchmarks. Stretchmarks are permanent signs that the foundation of your skin is broken, therefore it is essentially a type of scar. Your skin is unable to repair stretchmarks because the transformation of fibroblasts into restorative collagen is prevented. Microneedling encourages the skin to repair this broken skin by stimulating cell regeneration at a dramatic level. It is a rigorously tested and proven stretch mark treatment.

1540 Laser Not Tummy Tuck Best Option For Stretch Marks

+1

Thank you for your question. You are fit and do not have a lot of loose abdominal skin and your abdomen looks very nice.

Since what is bothering you are the stretch marks it does not make sense to have a tummy tuck because the tummy tuck will not be able to remove enough skin to remove a significant portion of the stretch marks.

There is a laser treatment using the 1540 fractional erbium non-ablative laser which can reduce the size and lighten stretch marks, although nothing will remove them entirely.

In my practice patients with stretch marks have been satisfied with the improvement they get with a 1540 laser (see link below) only you must understand that nothing will remove them completely.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Re:Tummy tuck

+1

Unfortunately, you are in a tough bind. The stretch marks are above and below the belly-button. That means that even a full tummy tuck would not remove all of them.

best,

Michael

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Am I a candidate for a TT?

+1

From your photos and your description, a mini-TT may not be as much of a benefit for you as it only addresses the skin below your belly button.  A full TT may be an option, but if you don't have enough abdominal skin laxity, you may have to trade getting rid of your stretch marks (mostly below your belly button & lowering the ones above your belly button) & abdominal muscle tightening (if you have diastasis) with a vertical scar coming up from your TT incision. Best bet is to make a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so you can have a physical exam and see what your options are from there.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

+1

I would say no, based on your feeling that your abdominal skin is tight. A mini-TT would only remove the lowest abdominal skin that is pretty much free of stretchmarks. Even if you had looser skin, the stretch marks are so high that there would probably be little improvement overall. 

There are really no other effective treatments. 

All the best. 

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

+1

The only way to remove stretch marks is to remove the skin that contains the stretch marks.  Tummy tuck will remove all the skin from below your belly button to about where a c-section scar would go.  Any stretch marks below your belly button would be remove.  Any stretch marks above your belly button would remain but because they are tightened, appear less noticeable.  The big question is are you a candidate for tummy tuck.  In you case, you don't have any skin hanging over.  However, it appears from your photos that you would be a candidate for tummy tuck.  You say that you don't have any loose skin.  If this is truly the case, then you may not be a candidate.  The only way to know for sure is to be seen by a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and determine in person if you have enough excess skin.  If you do, then tummy tuck will not only give you a flatter abdomen, it will also remove a lot of your stretch marks.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for photos and questions, you are a candidate for tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck as you need muscle repair and the only way to eliminate your stretch marks is with this surgery. Best Wishes!!

Australia Fragoso Baez, MD

Tummy tuck?

+1

Tummy tuck patients come in all shapes and sizes.  You may benefit from the procedure and it would remove the stretch marks below the belly button and improve those above.  If, however, you are planning on having more children, I would encourage you to wait until childbearing is complete before taking this step.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Non-Surgical Stretchmark Trial

+1

We are performing a non-invasive stretch mark trial that you may be a candidate for.  Please contact our staff at (201)251-6622 for further information. Best wishes.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for TT?

+1

From the photo it appear that you may e a candidate for a TT which would remove the stretch marks below the belly button and tighten your muscles. But you didn't mention whether or not you may want more children. If you no longer want to become pregnant then I think you need to be examined  to make certain that you are a candidate for the TT. You should consult with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with whom you develop good rapport. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD