Am I a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am 23 years old, and lost around 90 pounds 4 years ago. Since then, I have been trying desperately to tone my stomach, but to no avail. I have a very healthy diet, don't smoke, and exercise 6 times a day, focusing on all areas of the body. I am a healthy weight (5.'10"/ 150 lbs) and pretty much remained that weight for four years. My stomach is really getting me down and has prevented me from enjoying myself far too often. Do you think I need a tummy tuck or do i just need to workout more?

You are fit with loose tummy skin good candidate for Tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. Congratulations on your weight loss and looking so fit. From your photographs it appears you do have loose skin on your tummy and would be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced and has a good reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Best Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not

respond to diet and exercise and are in otherwise good health are candidates for

abdominoplasty also called "tummy tuck.                   Many patients complain

that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, as in your case, which

also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. 

Abdominoplasty candidates have excess abdominal skin which may sag, a disproportionate

or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, or excess fat

concentrated in the abdomen.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/tummy-tuck/

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

Without the ability to examine you and measure the extra skin you have, I cannot say precisely. However, you appear to be a perfect candidate for an abdominoplasty. Your weight is optimal and you appear to have significant excess skin rather than fat. If you have enough skin when it is stretched above the umbilicus to reach from the breast bone to the pubis with your back bent slightly, you are the person that a tummy tuck was designed for.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

You are the perfect candidate for TT

+1

your TT should get with a short incition  like a cesarean , besides  a lypo may be done  at same time to autoimplant it on your butts, .

si tu tienes  el cuerpo perfecto para realizar un TT mas lipo mas autoimplante de grasa  en  gluteos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

You have extra skin, it will never go away by itself, a tummy tuck will make your abdomen look much better.

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Congratulaions on your weight loss!  You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Unfortunately no amount of working out will correct the excess skin in your lower abdomen.  Obtain a consult with a BC plastic surgeon with whom you discuss the procedure.

Tummy tuck or work out

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss!  I would continue to work out as part of a healthy lifestyle but I do not see that getting rid of the extra skin that you have in these photos. Provided you are otherwise healthy, you look like a great tummy tuck candidate.

Am I a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. Unfortunately, once your skin has lost its elasticity, it is gone. Exercise will help maintain a healthy weight, but will not tighten skin. From the photo, you are as good a candidate for a tummy tuck as we ever see, and you should expect a nice result.

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.